Obama's speech - Page 13

Obama's speech

This is a discussion on Obama's speech within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Yup, because if we don't accede to this we will get far far far worse. Earlier someone suggested trading capacity for ...

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: Obama's speech

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yup, because if we don't accede to this we will get far far far worse.
    Earlier someone suggested trading capacity for national reciprocity. IMO, deal.
    I have no nice response.
    rmxer85 likes this.

VIP Member
    Here are a few ideas we should try first:

Build safe rooms in schools.

Install better doors in the classrooms.

Install impenetrable quarantine doors/gates that can be activated during an active shooter emergency.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

We've been compromising since 1934 when the National Firearms Act became the law of the land. We've further compromised (or been compromised) in 1968, 1986, and 1994. I'm flatly against any further compromise and am unwilling to give up my high-capacity magazines for either the "greater good" or for firearms forum members who are willing for me to give up "just a little bit more."
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    We've been compromising since 1934 when the National Firearms Act became the law of the land. We've further compromised (or been compromised) in 1968, 1986, and 1994. I'm flatly against any further compromise and am unwilling to give up my high-capacity magazines for either the "greater good" or for firearms forum members who are willing for me to give up "just a little bit more."
    here here... I also think further talk in favor of such things undermines the civility of this forum in my opinion.

Oh and Federal gun control measures aren't the whole story either. Consider for a moment the intrusion of a host of state, municipal, and corporate restrictions, none standardized and all are further limiting. By the way, there are plenty of firearms restrictions, regulations and prohibitions in place in Connecticut already. Has anyone noticed yet just how effective all the laws were in the event?

Murder's against the law for a start!

It does no good to draw a line in the sand if one is only going to move it every time the wind changes directions.

Spinelessness is being willing to compromise even when it is recognized that further regulation and restriction won't really fix the problem. Tonight it may be seen that gun owners on any of several forums are admitting that they will compromise even though they are aware that any compromise proposed will not answer the problem and will not satisfy the anti-gunners.

So, we'll compromise some more next year, next congressional cycle, next mindless atrocity. And the next...and the next... and the next...

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Senior Moderator
    It is time to get off the pot as they say, and we gun owners are going to have to be a bit more reasonable and cooperative
    about well intentioned efforts instead of merely knee jerk sayers of NO!
    Why?

Why should I get "off the pot" for a guy that did some killing(illegal) that possesses two handguns(illegal) in a state that is known to already have some serious restrictions in place?
    The misnamed "assault weapons ban" was allowed to sunset because there was not one spec of evidence that it did any good. None.Zero. Zilch. Nada. For you mental midgets out there that have a convenient memory that remembers only what you want it to, you might remember that even some of the original supporters conceded that the bill did nothing.

Any now you are calling for another ? Do you really think that 10 round limits are the answer?

Insanity is expecting the same thing to yield different results and its apparent to me that some people here are insane. They aren't right. Their brain does not function correctly.

In fact, for our gentle readers that think limiting access to either guns or weapons ever makes a difference, or passing laws that affect only law abiding people, perhaps you would all be better served by joining the Democratic Underground, a forum that is more suited to the people of like mind and thought process. You might be happier there and not have to argue so much because this is a gun forum, not a touch feely lets ban anything that we don't like and call it good place to hang out.

This tragedy is being used to polarize people of two different thought processes into two different groups, and one of the groups is completely wrong because they base all of their arguments on emotion, rather than fact. They are essentially part of the problem,in fact, that liberal thought process is most of the problem in this country.

That thought process is the one that fabricates target rich environments, where it is illegal to defend oneself.Its the one that makes "gun free zones". Its the same one that would have people assuming the fetal position rather than fighting back. Its the one that tyrants, dictators and yes, even Presidents use to pass oppressive laws and it gets done because it makes someone feel good,it makes them feel like they are doing something and addressing the issue at hand, when all they are doing is furthering an agenda.

Rather than allow any teacher that would the proper tools to defend oneself against aggression, instead you recoil at the thought of allowing guns in school with kids,and then you call for more laws when kids and teachers get slaughtered by lawless people.
    And then you insist that I should not want to own black looking evil guns or that the number of bullets in my magazine makes me a bigger threat.

It is INSANE.

The whole world is getting crazier and you anti gun,anti magazine, anti evil assault weapon types that want to justify eventual confiscation of such because YOU don't like what is being used or how its being used and then come on a gun forum and act like you are having a meaningful conversation while expecting more laws to prevent what a host a laws already didn't do,while getting your pompous asses up on the so called altar of morality and then preaching to me about how I have to give up MORE... to make someone else safer?
    Really?
    Color me simple but I ain't buying it. Not today, not tomorrow, not 50 years from now.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Amen. Lord, I love this forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Why?

Why should I get "off the pot" for a guy that did some killing(illegal) that possesses two handguns(illegal) in a state that is known to already have some serious restrictions in place?
    The misnamed "assault weapons ban" was allowed to sunset because there was not one spec of evidence that it did any good. None.Zero. Zilch. Nada. For you mental midgets out there that have a convenient memory that remembers only what you want it to, you might remember that even some of the original supporters conceded that the bill did nothing.

Any now you are calling for another ? Do you really think that 10 round limits are the answer?

Insanity is expecting the same thing to yield different results and its apparent to me that some people here are insane. They aren't right. Their brain does not function correctly.

In fact, for our gentle readers that think limiting access to either guns or weapons ever makes a difference, or passing laws that affect only law abiding people, perhaps you would all be better served by joining the Democratic Underground, a forum that is more suited to the people of like mind and thought process. You might be happier there and not have to argue so much because this is a gun forum, not a touch feely lets ban anything that we don't like and call it good place to hang out.

This tragedy is being used to polarize people of two different thought processes into two different groups, and one of the groups is completely wrong because they base all of their arguments on emotion, rather than fact. They are essentially part of the problem,in fact, that liberal thought process is most of the problem in this country.

That thought process is the one that fabricates target rich environments, where it is illegal to defend oneself.Its the one that makes "gun free zones". Its the same one that would have people assuming the fetal position rather than fighting back. Its the one that tyrants, dictators and yes, even Presidents use to pass oppressive laws and it gets done because it makes someone feel good,it makes them feel like they are doing something and addressing the issue at hand, when all they are doing is furthering an agenda.

Rather than allow any teacher that would the proper tools to defend oneself against aggression, instead you recoil at the thought of allowing guns in school with kids,and then you call for more laws when kids and teachers get slaughtered by lawless people.
    And then you insist that I should not want to own black looking evil guns or that the number of bullets in my magazine makes me a bigger threat.

It is INSANE.

The whole world is getting crazier and you anti gun,anti magazine, anti evil assault weapon types that want to justify eventual confiscation of such because YOU don't like what is being used or how its being used and then come on a gun forum and act like you are having a meaningful conversation while expecting more laws to prevent what a host a laws already didn't do,while getting your pompous asses up on the so called altar of morality and then preaching to me about how I have to give up MORE... to make someone else safer?
    Really?
    Color me simple but I ain't buying it. Not today, not tomorrow, not 50 years from now.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Quoted Because it deserves to be said again^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are two types of people:

1. Those who believe the 2nd Amendment Shall not be infringed

2. Those who believe the 2nd Amendment should be infringed

There are no others and there is no in-between.

I am proud to be in group 1.
    Bark'n, Spirit51 and Wolf357 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

It's been said here on Defensive Carry as well as on other forums that fellow gun enthusiasts should not become fragmented with infighting. "We need to stick together!" That is, "stick together" as long as we're all willing to agree that some form of compromise in favor of some sort of additional gun control is expedient at this time.

No!

It's pretty disheartening though to see some fellow gun enthusiasts offering to give away my high-capacity magazines as they rush to compromise. They're welcome to curtail their own ownership of whatever objects they see as inherently evil. They're out of line attempting to curtail me though.

We don't "need" 300 horsepower automobiles capable of over 100mph top speeds. After all, we've long been told that "speed kills." We could all get by with a 50 horsepower automobile that has a top speed of 70mph. Why it could be the "people's car" or the "smart" car. No one, outside the wretched EPA is raising a hue and cry to limit horsepower on cars and trucks.

We don't "need" alcohol and all the misery and yes, death that it inflicts on America. How many children are made miserable or are outright killed as a direct consequence of drink? How many birth defects does alcohol cause? There are laws against drunk driving already and we see how effective they are(n't) yet there's no cohesive effort being mounted to ban "demon liquor."

In some areas of our lives we seem to recognize the need for personal responsibility. In some other areas we are willing to forgo responsibility and ban objects. We don't hold our institutions responsible either so we have lame-brains making law and a fractured justice system. We tolerate this too. Why? Because Americans must have tolerance, must practice tolerance until it ceases to be a virtue and instead becomes an insidious vice. Then we wring our hands and wonder why the nation is in the ditch, with amoral predators consuming victims before our eyes.
    OD*, Clodbert and Brass63 like this.

Senior Moderator
    To all...

I'd like to offer a solution to the high cap mags.

If you feel guilty for the fact that you are a gun owner...send them to me. I'll take them off your hands.

If you are sitting on the pot.. and you feel responsible for the deaths caused by a whacko...send them to me.

If you really do beleive that compromise is the solution to the problem at hand...send them to me, I'll take care of them.

Same goes with the evil black guns.

If you are scared that they might hurt you, make you feel inferior in some way or your wife wants you to get rid of them, I'll take them.

If you scared that your friends will see them and engage you in a sticky conversation,I'll help you out.

If you are afraid that they might turn you into a pshyco death angle, please...send them to me now.

Just pm. Heck, I'll even pay shipping. I'll do that because its the neighborly thing to do...just for yall.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The bottom line is: A gun ban will not take the guns out of the bad guys possession but a gun ban will make criminals out of law abiding citizens.
    Last edited by Bark'n; December 18th, 2012 at 03:47 AM.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Mighty generous of you, HotGuns.

I'm keepin' mine however.

Just had to share one of the images making the rounds on Facebook, which shows two things: Sheeple exist, and the anti-2A propaganda machine has colorful ways of illustrating what they perceive to be "the truth" despite evidence suggesting otherwise.

Bark'n and Spirit51 like this.

Senior Moderator
    Its a fact that some people compromise their whole lives.

They compromise their beliefs, they compromise their values, eventually they compromise without even realizing it and they know nothing other than compromise.

A wise man once said...if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

We should not compromise when it comes to gun ownership. At all. Period.

There is no rational justification of it. Once you compromise away the right to bear arms, the others will soon follow.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yup, because if we don't accede to this we will get far far far worse.
    Earlier someone suggested trading capacity for national reciprocity. IMO, deal.
    No offense mate, but you are starting to sound like Chamberlain. That worked well - or not.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links