Obama's speech

This is a discussion on Obama's speech within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We need to get busy and stay busy: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...2a-rights.html...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Obama's speech

VIP Member
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    Can someone tell me what she means by NOT RETROACTIVELY, BUT PROSPECTIVELY?? Im so fatigued from all the news and politicizing this.. Anyway I'd appreciate your answer, I think I have the Idea but would like conformation...
    It means going into the future, and that she is not proposing to take anything you now legally own from you.
    mg27, pittypat21 and shooterX like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I wonder what he would say if that ment restrictions on his secret service's guns as well lol. Easy when you have to be the sole protection for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It means going into the future, and that she is not proposing to take anything you now legally own from you.
    Yes, although I thought her MO was to eliminate grandfathering in the next AWB. I have a feeling she's got some more tricks up her sleeve.

While I admire your optimism I would encourage you to consider the threat of people like "Senator" Dianne Feinstein...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Thanks Bud. Appreciate your response.

MJK
    My God, have these people no sense of decency and propriety? The victims have not even been laid to rest and the political class are already trying to turn this tragic event to their advantage.

There will be plenty of time for these folks to have their say...why can't they just focus on helping those who just experienced the loss of loved ones? What shameful behavior!
    Caertaker and The Old Anglo like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    Yes, although I thought her MO was to eliminate grandfathering in the next AWB. I have a feeling she's got some more tricks up her sleeve.
    It wouldn't be "fair and balanced" if we only take away some people's rights and not others...so we will take away every citizen's right to own guns.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

And all those that said the O-man, was not anti-2A .... needs to order in their crow for dinner.

We need to keep pressure on the Republican House Rep's to not cave in . That won't keep O-man from trying to use regulations thru the ATF though, which would then end up in court challenges, etc. Now is not the time to roll over. State rights, also apply.....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    Look, she made two thing clear in her statements-- "going forward," and a list of more than 900 weapons which would
    be exempted from the restrictions she will propose (whatever those are). That doesn't sound draconian to me.

I'll know more about how I feel about the proposal when I see the actual list. It will all depend on whether my ox is getting gored or someone else's ox is being gored. :)
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    As I said before, "they" will not let this crisis (tragedy) go to waste. I just bought 20 and 30 rd mags while they are in stock. While I am devastated by this and the Oregon shooting, they will not include the mental health or security aspects in looking at this horrible awfulness.
    Waste no...want it all.

OK so you and some are all rushing out to buy stuff you think may become extinct soon? Causing a price inflating feeding frenzy! Not to say that isn't an unreasonable approach though, because you have begun to sparked my interest too. But, now lets say we have all this stuff now that becomes a banned substance.

If we bought these things pre-ban:
    A) Can we illegally still possess these things?

B) Will we have to turn them in or face prosecution and now we wasted all this money?

C) Will we still be able to use any of it?

This is starting to sound like January 30th, 1933 to me? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't January 30th just 10-days after some type of an inauguration?

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    My God, have these people no sense of decency and propriety? The victims have not even been laid to rest and the political class are already trying to turn this tragic event to their advantage.

There will be plenty of time for these folks to have their say...why can't they just focus on helping those who just experienced the loss of loved ones? What shameful behavior!
    Blaming the tools, and extending their control IS the "religion" of these folks--and they are responding to this tragedy by beating the drum of their religion and evangelizing for their cause.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

It would not surprise me if they pass an assault weapons ban. Maybe even limit the number of rounds on my magazines, but they will never take our right to keep our guns. If it ever happened, I can imagine they would make criminals out of a lot of responsible citizens because we will never give up out right.

Oh yeah, let me add that I will give up my self defense handguns when criminals give up crime.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I've been out all day and didn't know anything about this until now.

Hotguns is right, it is all about control. They know that we won't give it up for the sake of giving it up so they have to use their trump card; we have to do this for the kids. Obama is already framing the argument;

"Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is the price of our freedom?"

From the way he puts it, who is going to say, no? Anyone that stands up to say they aren't going to give up their gun rights will automatically be made out to be a child hater. If you really care about kids, you'll gladly give your guns up.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links