Please advise...which gun should I carry?

This is a discussion on Please advise...which gun should I carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 11 ounces, .357 caliber, more reliable than ANY bottom feeder....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Please advise...which gun should I carry?

Ex Member
    11 ounces, .357 caliber, more reliable than ANY bottom feeder.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    To assume a .38 is underpowered these days is a mistake. To assume any gun doesn't need maintenance is another mistake--they all need routaine care to one extent or another.

With the light clothing here in FL, a snubbie would be a great option, a lightweight S&W 442/642 or LCR near ideal. Another option may be a pocket .380 or 9mm, of which there are meant to choose.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The gun you will always carry and not the one you sometimes carry but some days it seems too big or too heavy.

Also the one you are willing to train with. That said, I carry a Glock 23. I like the .40, but would totally feel fine with a good 9mm like a Glock 19 or M&P etc. I have occasionally carried my Dan Wesson CBOB 1911 .45, but that mostly is my home defense gun when I can't reach for the shotgun.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links