Let's draft a well-tailored letter to our Senators and Representatives - Page 2

Let's draft a well-tailored letter to our Senators and Representatives

This is a discussion on Let's draft a well-tailored letter to our Senators and Representatives within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I caution against a bunch of copy/paste letters being sent as they'll be quickly recognized for what they are--a mass mailing campaign. If one chooses ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Let's draft a well-tailored letter to our Senators and Representatives

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I caution against a bunch of copy/paste letters being sent as they'll be quickly recognized for what they are--a mass mailing campaign. If one chooses to contact your representatives (and I encourage that), make your own arguments and points. It's okay to paraphrase an example posted here, but please do individualize it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

While I agree that the original AWB did not work, I can't help but wonder if attacking it is a bit like a double edged sword. There is a nagging voice in my head that makes me think that the anti 2-A folks can agree that the original AWB did not work and that admitting as such, does not lose them the argument. For instance, there is nothing preventing them from saying, "the original AWB did not work, because we did not go far enough". To them our efforts to discredit the AWB may simply fuel their fire to make a new AWB much more restrictive than the last.

I realize my concerns may be moot, but it is something that has bothering me of late.
    "Hell is truth seen too late."

My letters and E-mails went out two days ago. The sheer numbers of responsible gun owners reaching out to all levels of State and Federal Government is far more important than the content IMO. Be respectful of their office, voice your concerns and tell them your final statement on the matter will be made at the polling booth. If 20 million gun owners did this it would be game over for the gun grabbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links