Must Read on Stoping School Shootings. - Page 2

Must Read on Stoping School Shootings.

This is a discussion on Must Read on Stoping School Shootings. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by hammer2213 Arm all staff members of age!!! Give them monthly training to ensure they are very capable of using a firearm properly. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Must Read on Stoping School Shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer2213 View Post
    Arm all staff members of age!!! Give them monthly training to ensure they are very capable of using a firearm properly. Turn the sheep into sheep dogs...I don't know any wolf would mess with a school knowing 80+(I went to a fairly large school) knowing they are armed. Just my thought.
    I found a picture that you might have seen somewhere online, but it illustrates this situation exactly. I do understand that the situation that they must deal with daily in Israel is vastly different than our own but there might be something to learn none the less.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I found a picture that you might have seen somewhere online, but it illustrates this situation exactly. I do understand that the situation that they must deal with daily in Israel is vastly different than our own but there might be something to learn none the less.

wont happen here,for the same reason there wont be profiling at the airport.OMO
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    wont happen here,for the same reason there wont be profiling at the airport.OMO
    Yeah, but I thought it really illustrated how little we actually do overall to prepare for a situation like this. Nothing proactive at all.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    It's a good article. Grossman is, in my opinion, too "extreme" for the masses. The sheeple would read other things he has written and dismiss him as a bloodthirsty warrior, I fear. You have to understand that the mindset of the anti-gun folks is guns are the problem. If it doesn't fit into what they already believe they will find a reason to dismiss it.

I get where you are coming from, but I wish that the American people would realize that this county was formed because of "warriors" people who had the man parts to stand up for what was right! Not what made everyone comfortable. I'm sick of this ' the government is always right, they know what's best and don't you ever say otherwise' mentality. I'm not some crazy ani government nutjob but I do believe that the American people should get the final say

I am going to have to read some more of this man's articles, he is a very smart human being

That's actually one of the best articles I've read on the matter. If not THE best. Well done and great comparisons.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

What is the first of the Five D's: Stop the Denial! We need to use these five D's over and over in our communications to those we want to influence.
    Bark'n likes this.

He's right on, and this was written over 2 years ago.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Active shooters in schools: The enemy is denial

Dave Grossman states it like it is. A must Read!
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

People are asking how we as gun owners can be more proactive when addressing the coming calls for more gun control. Well, for starters, when I write my Senators and Reps. I will insist that they call Col. Grossman, Mas Ayoob and Alon Stivi to testify at any congressional hearing which may come up on school violence and/or new gun control. Then if these individuals are not part of any congressional hearings, contact your congressmen again and demand answers as to why not. Hold a blowtorch to their feet on accountability.

I think we should all demand our Congress include these well spoken, and very compelling speakers/experts when and if any hearings take place on capital hill.

So if anyone is wondering what they need to say when contacting their representatives, be sure and demand they call upon these individuals to provide testimony.

If every member of this forum makes this simple request when contacting Washington, it will be less likely to fall on deaf ears.

Just my suggestion.

If you don't know who Alon Stivi is, you can find out about him here:

https://www.actcert.com/

And watch the two short videos clips below.

limatunes, ppkheat and ccw9mm like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Very good article. Grossman is dead on in his assessment. Thanks for posting Gary.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    People are asking how we as gun owners can be more proactive when addressing the coming calls for more gun control. Well, for starters, when I write my Senators and Reps. I will insist that they call Col. Grossman, Mas Ayoob and Alon Stivi to testify at any congressional hearing which may come up on school violence and/or new gun control. Then if these individuals are not part of any congressional hearings, contact your congressmen again and demand answers as to why not. Hold a blowtorch to their feet on accountability.
    Thank you for the information, Bark'n. I had not heard of Alon Stivi before but from what I saw I like him! I will do just what you suggested!

PS.. I'm also going to steal what you just wrote and put it on my Lima FB page. Well worth passing on.

Lima, did you notice in the second video at about 6:47 where the shooter is describing how the table affected his OODA loop and required an addition second or two to refocus. There's that OODA loop again, and a good example of how it's important to distract and interupt the OODA loop.
    limatunes likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting the article.
    Makes you wonder about the Taliban.
    That woud be horendous, and its amazing how everyone just figures, ah well, what are the odds its gonna happen in my back yard, if it happens.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links