School Principals Should be Armed!!

This is a discussion on School Principals Should be Armed!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now we know what happens when an unarmed principal tries to tackle a zombie with an AR-15. If this principal had the guts to do ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: School Principals Should be Armed!!

Now we know what happens when an unarmed principal tries to tackle a zombie with an AR-15. If this principal had the guts to do this unarmed, what do you think the outcome would be if this lady had a handgun??? Times are different now. Principals and teachers need to be armed to send a message to the zombies that schools are hardened targets. Carry concealed so the kids can't see your strap!!!

IMO

Do people say "your strap"? I'd personally like to bring back "gat" as a saying.
    pgrass101, Darrow75 and aus71383 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It would take more than just the principal, more like the entire staff. And then is the staff going to be "required" to be armed? Who's going to provide the training? What about those members who don't like guns, don't want guns, refuse to carry one? There is no simple answer.
    aus71383 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Administrator
    In parts of PA. they have just now placed retired, armed, State Troopers into the schools.

Just FYI.
    Rock and Glock and mprp like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

One armed guard in a school has a significant deterring effect. Number 2 of Grossman's "Five D's".
    pgrass101 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by brookl089 View Post
    If this principal ... this lady ...

Which principal, lady, story? Got a link or source reference?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like that is one school district that has the RIGHT idea! A whole lot more should adopt this plan. When I was a kid in school, most of the male teachers were WWII vets and knew how to handle firearms. In fact, back then, most dads taught their kids how to shoot and hunt when they were kids. I grew up in a city, but I learned how to shoot, how to handle firearms safely, and most of my friends did too. And that was city kids! Country boys ALL grew up with guns. On the farm, they were tools and a normal part of life.

Shame times have changed so much! Nobody even dreamed of shooting up a school or mall or theater back then. Of course, kids learned to respect authority and teachers and adults back then too. And they learned that not everybody "wins" and not everybody got a trophy just for participating and not everybody got to play. They learned to face adversity and deal with it! And our generation grew up just fine! We learned to take responsibility for our actions, to work hard, and to not depend on the government to take care of us! OK, off my soapbox.
    minimalbrat and airslot like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What about those members who don't like guns, don't want guns, refuse to carry one? There is no simple answer.
    - Let the principal do what a principal is supposed to do... run the school. I'd rather have someone who's sole responsibility is security be armed.
    OldVet and JaxRolo like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

as someone who has kids in highschool and middle school i agree ,properly trained administrators/teachers should be armed. some on each wing of school at least. at our school there are quite a few teachers that are ex-military im sure they could be up to the job. rd
    minimalbrat likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm fine with having a hired security guard in addition to allowing other school employees to arm themselves, such as allowing teachers, admins, coaches, etc. to be armed if they present proof of training (CC permit or other relevant training certificate). Making it optional would allow the anti-gun libs (who flock to the educational realm) to opt out while allowing anyone who wants to defend themselves and the children to do so.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Ditto for lunchroom cooks & bus drivers. IMHO, they're all a lot more calm & level-headed than most of the the teaching & administrative staffs. They haven't had a much "old-school" toughness ...educated out of them.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by brookl089 View Post
    Now we know what happens when an unarmed principal tries to tackle a zombie with an AR-15. If this principal had the guts to do this unarmed, what do you think the outcome would be if this lady had a handgun??? Times are different now. Principals and teachers need to be armed to send a message to the zombies that schools are hardened targets. Carry concealed so the kids can't see your strap!!!

IMO
    100% true,if just one person in that school had been armed we might not have 20 dead kids today!

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    100% true,if just one person in that school had been armed we might not have 20 dead kids today!
    Very true, and it would be great. However, the other side wouldn't care how many lives were saved if any were lost. Never let a good tragedy go to waste, right?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    As I recall, a principal with a paddle was scary enough, I can't imagine the ones I had packing heat!
    JDE101 and Darrow75 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links