Teachers to carry guns in school in Texas community.

This is a discussion on Teachers to carry guns in school in Texas community. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News I think this is a good thing, while hoping against hope that those firearms ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Teachers to carry guns in school in Texas community.

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News

I think this is a good thing, while hoping against hope that those firearms will never have to be used in the defense of the school, it's students, or staff.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

That story is from 2008 but still a good idea.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

You're absolutely correct... I didn't see that. I'll be glad to remove the post if asked....
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

That TX district is already doing that.
    Utah also allows such...
    Michigan has just passed a bill yo allow such...waiting for the gov's signature.

SOME, are catching on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GH
    So far it's still illegal to have a gun on school property in Wisconsin. However there are exceptions for LEO & certified armed security.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by usmcj View Post
    You're absolutely correct... I didn't see that. I'll be glad to remove the post if asked....
    No need for that....it's still relevent to current events.
    Bark'n and DontTreadOnI like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Maybe more states will wake up. I personally know our newly elected state representative. She's a member of our American Legion post. I will definitely be discussing this and other issues with her in the near future.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

It's the only thing with any chance of actually detering or reducing the impact of these events. It is unfortunate that this is the society we live in, but it is. Pure evil exists around us and we can't legislate it away. It's time that people stop living in denial and actually do something effective, like have armed security/teachers in our schools.
    3wggl and GeorgiaDawg like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

This district made the news this morning on Detroit's WJR radio station. I've been surprised at the rational thinking and pro 2a stance of numerous news personalities in the Detroit metro area. Of course I don't watch TV and tend to only frequent conservative stations (except when I really want to know what the fruit loops think)
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

The problem is that arming people who teach in the schools has never been tried. How do our lawmakers know it won't work? Well, they don't. Unless they accept the fact that shooters will target unarmed places with multiple unarmed targets, their insistance of joing the gun ban will do nothing.

Yet the anti gun people say that will not work. I challenge them to cite just one example of how an armed person did not help in the intervention of a shooting scenario like what happend in Connecticut. I'm fairly sure we have no examples because they were never allowed to be armed to intervene.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Not all....but I believe most bad guys do not wish to go where they know they are going to be shot at and possibly killed...so I think all schools and other places should adopt this policy.......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I don't have a problem with some teachers carrying guns. I had two aunts who were teachers. They had a small farm and raised chickens in addition to teaching. They kept a rifle by the back door in case something got after their chickens. I wouldn't have a problem with either of those ladies having a firearm in a school.

But, I had a couple of squirrely professors in college that I would just as soon never got near a gun.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Do any teachers in the USA in 2012 carry guns while teaching their classes? I think it was made illegal everywhere, hence the story is from 2008.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    It would not surprise me to find out that there may be more guns in schools this week than at the sheriff's office.....as it should be.......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Re: Teachers to carry guns in school in Texas community.

There was a gentlemen on The View yesterday ( I know, don't ask ) that is advocating this very thing. He's some big wig board member somewhere, but his name eludes me at the moment. I don't actually watch it all that closely. ( shameless disclaimer ). He was saying that this was the only method to quell this type of attack....an AWB will not. They will simply find other, perhaps more destructive, methods. He said, "we must have some one there, in the building, to stop an attack of any kind".

He blamed the media for sensationalizing these types of events as the cause. His thought: you make it more attractive to the mentally ill.

If only this type of thinking were more prevalent. Strong work Texas!! Hopefully others will follow suit.
    Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    BugDude likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links