Glock has now become a 4 letter word.

This is a discussion on Glock has now become a 4 letter word. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Glock only holds 9 rounds in the mag, so I guess I am safe. Oh, and all this gun legislation talk is a direct ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Glock has now become a 4 letter word.

My Glock only holds 9 rounds in the mag, so I guess I am safe.

Oh, and all this gun legislation talk is a direct result of us letting morons in office. Thank your neighbors, your friends, your family, who vote for the crazies in office.
    Denverjay and soonershoote like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

Glock has been a four letter word for me, YUCK!

On a serious note. I am actually worried right now. This tragedy has "enlightened" a few folks I know but it has also hardened just as many. I have an old friend and cousin that are now completely and utterly against guns. They didn't like them before, now they feel like they have a vendetta.

I have all kinds of Magazines for she can have for free...
    I have photography magazines, Woodworking magazines, Gun magazines (She really needs to read these). and the list goes on...

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Swords and bows are traditional "weapons of war". Ban them, too.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I would like to be the first to have welcomed all of you to California from North California!

Edit ADD: I sit here wondering who is going to be the first to tell me to Glock off.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I think there has been a lot of hand wringing and defeatist attitudes here and elsewhere, just because the same old liberals start their chants. "They" haven't enacted any take aways yet, and I'm not confident they'll be able to get it past the congress. Executive orders may be passed, but they'll be challenged. I frankly think it's a lot to do about nothing.

Disarming Americans may give the Lib's a stiffie, but actually accomplishing that isn't an easy task, and not one that is very doable. I'm not getting worked up about it personally, and I'd recommend that people channel their energy into making sure your elected officials know where you stand, and that you're going to work very hard to send them packing if they bend to this political wind to enact laws against a "tool". Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    When the original AWB was passed fienstien did comment that if she had her way it would be “Turn them in, all of them, America”. She has not changed her stance since then.
    Why is it that these types of people never seem to suffer from a heart attack or stroke?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    ...and bows...
    Now, if I can only figure out how to build a semi-automatic one of those...ah heck - fully automatic.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Now, if I can only figure out how to build a semi-automatic one of those...ah heck - fully automatic.
    I think MythBusters did a segment on a gatling bow. That might work
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I have read that she has a CCW permit, I wonder what she is carrying.
    Glock Armorer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    I have read that she has a CCW permit, I wonder what she is carrying.
    357 snubby not sure but I have heard it is a Model 19.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    According to the link to the Fox News article this is what she has in store...

Feinstein said her legislation will outlaw the sale, import and manufacture of more than 100 different firearms, including "semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than ten rounds."
    The measure would also ban the sale, import and manufacture of "large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than ten rounds."
    To protect legal gun owners, the Feinstein measure would "grandfather in" those weapons legally owned at the time the measure would become law. It would also exempt antiques, manually operated weapons, permanently disabled weapons, and more than 900 specifically named firearms commonly used for hunting and sporting.
    Industry sources acknowledged that public sentiment after Newtown is unlike that which followed similar attacks over the past decade, because of the presence of so many children among the victims -- and that the NRA will likely face a tougher climate in which to try to forestall the enactment of tighter gun control measures.
    But they also indicated that Feinstein's provisions relating to the number of rounds a weapon can accommodate will be contested fiercely. "A standard semi-automatic handgun holds 12 to 14 rounds," one source close to the issue told Fox News. "Everyone would have to retool and new hardware would have to be made. That's going to be very expensive to manufacturers."

Read more: NRA to 'push back' soon, sources say | Fox News
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Why is it that these types of people never seem to suffer from a heart attack or stroke?
    Ah, figured it out. If you look at a picture of her you will see that she must just scare even those things...
    ksholder likes this.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I just joined Gun Owners of America

So those of us already dealing with this oppression get what now? A combination lock to drop the mag of an AR? Reverse - bumpfire trigger, 6 pulls = 1 round fired?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links