Glock has now become a 4 letter word. - Page 3

Glock has now become a 4 letter word.

This is a discussion on Glock has now become a 4 letter word. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Feinstein. Not to be confused with Einstein. I'll trade in my 12+1 for a 9+1. The world is so much safer now......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Glock has now become a 4 letter word.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Feinstein. Not to be confused with Einstein.

I'll trade in my 12+1 for a 9+1. The world is so much safer now...

That's what I was thinking too BigJon. We can only do what we can do and hope for the best. Good luck to you.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    So those of us already dealing with this oppression get what now? A combination lock to drop the mag of an AR? Reverse - bumpfire trigger, 6 pulls = 1 round fired?
    No, don't be ridiculous. You will have to call the government and get permission to fire a round. The number is 1-800-shoot it. When the automated system answers you will be given instructions in both English and Spanish but you will have to wait until both messages are complete before you can select the language that is best suited to your level of fluency. After selecting the language, you will be asked a series of 67 three part questions with multiple choice answers. All you have to do is enter or speak the number that corresponds to the answer which most accurately describes the current situation (note: please speak slowly and clearly). After answering all 67 three part questions you will then be transferred to a live operator in Pakistan who will enter all your personal contact information into the database (please note: you will be required to spell your full name and full address slowly and clearly). After your contact information has been enter, your call will be transferred backed to the United States so that you may speak directly with the on duty Ballistics Czar (if you get disconnected during the transfer please hangup and call back). Calls will be answered in the order they were received. The average wait time is 12 minutes and 57 seconds. The Ballistics Czar will review the questions you answered during the automated portion of your call. Please note that you will be required to verbally confirm whether or not each response that is on file is in fact correct. After the Ballistics Czar has confirmed that all answers are accurate, the call will be terminated. At which time the Ballistics Czar will assign your case to a committee chairperson who will select six other committee members who will deliberate to discuss the merits of your case. Upon reaching a decision, the committee chair will file file a written report. Once the report is entered into the central database, the authorization or denial to discharge your weapon will sent immediately to you via the method you chose during the automated questionnaire (please note that the available options for receiving your written notification are mail, fax, email, or text message). In order to read your written notification, you will be required to pay a processing fee of $19.95 (please note that we do not accept American Express or Visa for online payments). For your convenience, you may create a personal account which will authorize the government to deduct your fee directly from your checking or savings account. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for your transaction to clear. Once your transaction has cleared we will send you your password via your chosen method of communication so that you may access your written notification via out 24 hour website. Please visit our website for the web address which you will find under the FAQ section. Thank you and have a pleasant day.
    accessbob and SWIll like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    No, don't be ridiculous. You will have to call the government and get permission to fire a round. The number is 1-800-shoot it. When the automated system answers you will be given instructions in both English and Spanish but you will have to wait until both messages are complete before you can select the language that is best suited to your level of fluency. After selecting the language, you will be asked a series of 67 three part questions with multiple choice answers. All you have to do is enter or speak the number that corresponds to the answer which most accurately describes the current situation (note: please speak slowly and clearly). After answering all 67 three part questions you will then be transferred to a live operator in Pakistan who will enter all your personal contact information into the database (please note: you will be required to spell your full name and full address slowly and clearly). After your contact information has been enter, your call will be transferred backed to the United States so that you may speak directly with the on duty Ballistics Czar (if you get disconnected during the transfer please hangup and call back). Calls will be answered in the order they were received. The average wait time is 12 minutes and 57 seconds. The Ballistics Czar will review the questions you answered during the automated portion of your call. Please note that you will be required to verbally confirm whether or not each response that is on file is in fact correct. After the Ballistics Czar has confirmed that all answers are accurate, the call will be terminated. At which time the Ballistics Czar will assign your case to a committee chairperson who will select six other committee members who will deliberate to discuss the merits of your case. Upon reaching a decision, the committee chair will file file a written report. Once the report is entered into the central database, the authorization or denial to discharge your weapon will sent immediately to you via the method you chose during the automated questionnaire (please note that the available options for receiving your written notification are mail, fax, email, or text message). In order to read your written notification, you will be required to pay a processing fee of $19.95 (please note that we do not accept American Express or Visa for online payments). For your convenience, you may create a personal account which will authorize the government to deduct your fee directly from your checking or savings account. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for your transaction to clear. Once your transaction has cleared we will send you your password via your chosen method of communication so that you may access your written notification via out 24 hour website. Please visit our website for the web address which you will find under the FAQ section. Thank you and have a pleasant day.
    That reminds the ROE when pulling augmentee duty in RVN except we did not have email back then.
    soonershoote likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    When the original AWB was passed fienstien did comment that if she had her way it would be “Turn them in, all of them, America”. She has not changed her stance since then.
    Why is it that these types of people never seem to suffer from a heart attack or stroke?
    I've wondered that for a couple decades, now.

* For those who would deliberately misconstrue that: it's merely my musing over the fates, not wishing it were so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

only 10 rounds in a mag huh, well maybe they should only allow 5 gallon fuel tanks, after all, who needs to drive more than just to the grocery store and wally mart or something. if people are driving less maybe there will be less crashes.

for some reason this scene came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSEMNEqQJI
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    In the mouth of Feinstein, microphones are "assault" weapons. She can "auto-load" with the best of 'em.

She needs some corrective "orthodontia," in that regard.
    Like maybe a zipper?
    I was thinking more along the lines of industrial strength, heat-cured epoxy adhesive.

I'll hold her down. You can inject the epoxy. We just need someone to crank up the heat ... Any takers?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I was thinking more along the lines of industrial strength, heat-cured epoxy adhesive.

I'll hold her down. You can inject the epoxy. We just need someone to crank up the heat ... Any takers?
    Let her lips flap for a few minutes, they will generate all the heat you will need.
    Glock Armorer

Lets not forget that other California device...the 'bullet button' to complement the 10-round mags.

All I can suggest is that firearm owners get involved and engage all others NOW...stop blowing wind in the echo chamber, that seems to be what so many firearm forums are and have been doing for so long, especially since President was elected, the Connnecticut shooting has changed everything, Even the NRA has relented some and has expressed a willingness to engage in progressive discussion about the subject when a week ago they would brook no such nonsense...so what tends to happen on gun forums will not work..Not yelling at or rudely insulting those that dare to be democrats or liberally minded..lets be real, they dont even need to be liberal, they only need to not embrace conservatism to get verbally assaulted on firearm forums..If we do that now...WE ARE FCUKED!! And would have done it to ourselves.

Get out there, sympathize, engage, converse, assert the fact that the 2nd amendment says nothing at all whatsoever about hunting, encourage those to actually read the words and say "yes..it is indeed placed as a safeguard against a tyranny...YES! It's not about hunting, its about freedom from an oppressive government", Use historic examples (Germany 1930's, current day northern Mexico, other examples of stripping of rights and subsequent persecution by the very government they once had faith in, citizens subject to live in terror by criminal organization without any protection or safety), our own military and police force that use these very tools they are demonizing to maintain law and order and how they did not rush to the school armed with the tablets of the 10-commandment and a bullhorn, that they in fact went with implements of force to stop a law breaking force. Educate, engage and sympathize but assert the fact of the 'inalienable rights" and actually what "Inalienable rights" are..you'll be surprised that so many simply don't know and assume its the governmental 'law' that gives the right or that the constitution in some way is a "law" and not a declarative foundation statement that any subsequent "laws" are to uphold and never to circumvent. That these are in fact our innate guarantees that no law or government can either give or take. Its what founded the country and IS the country.

This tragedy and others like it have its fundamental roots in mental illness, see about the idea that the focus given to firearms should in equal force be given to mental health services and the idea that the doctor-patient privacy contract is one that should also be on the table to abolish as there is no other sure way to do a better job at keeping those with mental and psychological issues more efficiently barred from purchasing firearms is to have it as a public record. Suggest that the abolishion of doctor-patient privilege might have stopped any of the other events where the shooter lawfully and legally purchased a firearm. That might give them pause and is easily as logical a suggestion as theirs that demand the outlawing of "military style rifles" and "large capacity clips".... As if someone wouldn't pack 9-10 round magazines in lieu of 3-30 round magazines.. Pray they dont suggest the bullet button...hate that thing..

This particular Connecticut event as awful as it is could not have been averted by any of the rules and restrictions of the currently expired 'assault weapons ban' law..These poor young children did not have a prayer with this fellows broken mind that we unfortunately might never know why he decided to so such an awful thing.

There is a storm coming...... Dare I suggest this is just one of the SHTF moments that some fret about.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Swords and bows are traditional "weapons of war". Ban them, too.
    As well as sticks and stones...
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Not until we find out how she is one of the few to get an unrestricted CCW in her home state.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    but actually accomplishing that isn't an easy task
    Neither was removing prayer from schools or Roe V. Wade, but they got that done. Better be careful with the "much ado about nothing" mentality. It leads to complacency and that leads to soft tyranny and then we are England.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Lock up the criminals and enforce the current laws...more legislations does no good, check out the FBI webpage even wihen the ban on assault weapons was in effect there was no decrease in gun related violence
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    With 900 weapons exempted, we'll see what actually makes the list of what's banned...

"Feinstein, who helped champion the 1994 legislation, said she and her staff have looked at the initial bill and tried to “perfect it.”

“We believe we have (perfected it). We exempt over 900 specific weapons that will not fall under the bill, but the purpose of this bill is to get … ‘weapons of war’ off the street of our cities,” she said."
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links