Oklahoma legislator says teachers need option to carry guns at school

This is a discussion on Oklahoma legislator says teachers need option to carry guns at school within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the wake of the mass killing of children at a Connecticut elementary school last week, an Oklahoma lawmaker said Monday teachers and principals should ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By skatalite
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaDawg

Thread: Oklahoma legislator says teachers need option to carry guns at school

Oklahoma legislator says teachers need option to carry guns at school

In the wake of the mass killing of children at a Connecticut elementary school last week, an Oklahoma lawmaker said Monday teachers and principals should have the option of bringing guns to school.

“This sacrosanct notion that we cannot do anything but have gun-free zones is just a fallacy,” said Rep. Mark McCullough, R-Sapulpa. “What we're dealing with here is people who don't care. They've erased their moral compass. They don't care about the law, and they are intent on horrific acts.”

Oklahoma legislator says teachers need option to carry guns at school | NewsOK.com
    soonershoote likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm very annoyed by some of the comments quoted in that article. The best defense is communication? Really? Perhaps I should make a bulletproof vest out of a newspaper, then. These people are seriously deluded.

I like this guy's idea. We need to give teachers and school employees the ability/option to defend themselves and the children.
    Lotus222 and Yetiman like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Well, that's going over like a lead balloon...

As posted elsewhere on DC... It seems to be working, and rather well, in a Texas school district.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links