TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere - Page 2

TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

This is a discussion on TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why I voted for the guy and will do it again....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

Why I voted for the guy and will do it again.
    bmcgilvray and iblearning like this.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

I've always said that Rick Perry should keep his mouth shut and do what he does best -- stay out of the way and let the state continue to prosper. He pleasantly surprised me today by opening his mouth. He has a bad habit of opening his mouth at inopportune times and complicating what should be a simple issue. I've voted for him for years, but primarily because he lets the Legislature do it's thing (and it usually does the right thing) without him mucking it up.
    Smilinswordsman likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSLOwner View Post
    I think Perry is a nut......but I live in Houston, have a CHL and don't mind this idea at all.
    I think all politicians are nuts, but compared to some of the stories I read about other Governors and Mayors, I can easily say we could be much worse off with some of the folks I read about. I mean Mayors banning big gulps? Really? And people still live there?

Governor tells Tea Party gathering he's in favor of it. So long as the legislature agrees and acts, that'll be great ... depending on what they define "everywhere" to mean.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm feeling more than just a little state pride right now! Remember Goliad! Remember the Alamo!

New Member Array Itsanaddiction's Avatar
    Look im all about having guns but if a teacher is willing to have sex with our kids what makes you think diffent. We trust these people like we trust anyone else till we cant trust them no more. This aint what we need. Just my 2 cent.
    Hopyard likes this.

I live directly across the street from an elementary school facing the school playground. All my kids went there, and my last just went off to middle school last year. I know most of the teachers and the administrators there. When I left the house today for lunch, six and seven year olds were out running, laughing, and didn't have a care in the world. It broke my heart to think that there are monsters out there that are capable of hurting these kids. Then I got angry. The recommendations that politicians are making can NOT stop this kind of attack, plain and simple. Look at the scenario: 4 foot chain-link fences separating the playground from the street 5 feet away, open gates every 30 feet or so. Metal detectors would not help - there are too many ways to get into the school, and how do you enclose a playground, build bulletproof walls around it? Banning the sale of ANY weapons would not help - these animals don't go announce their intentions or thier mental issues. Help for the mentally ill may not make a difference, either - all it takes is one to slip through the cracks. The only thing that would have an IMMEDIATE effect on the safety of those children is an armed, COMPETENT guardian overseeing them. And not just one, because the school has so much real estate. I would guess four to be effective. I just don't know how you could protect these kids otherwise...
    iblearning likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    Seems to me that Texas would be a good place to move if I ever felt inclined to do so
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I need to move
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepnheat View Post
    +1

Now to convince the wife......
    Come on down! Did anyone mention no state income tax?
    I moved down here from the Peoples Republic of Maryland at the end of 2006 and let me tell you, It is wonderful here! I have travelled all over the country and it has always been, "nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there." Came to Texas for a wedding and called my wife and told her " I could live here." Nine months later closed on the house.
    I am so glad that Gov. Perry dropped out of the race when he did. I think he can do more for me and mine in Austin than he could in Washington.
    This has been his position on CHL holders for years. I can't imagine ever hearing anything close to this from anyone in Annapolis
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

New Member Array Itsanaddiction's Avatar
    Well said.

Perry has his moments as do most people. He has been pretty good for the state. I just wonder if he or the legislature set the fee on CHL. By the time you get done its right at 300 bucks.
    Doing away with gun free zones is a great idea. I think the average of 3% carriers would be true in them as well. Those teachers inclined to carry would take advantage. I know two at my daughters high school that are permitted. I have invited one of them to my brothers range for some actual training instead of hole punching. This is a guy I would feel confident would TCB in an active shooter situation.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Distinguished Member
    I like it, needs to spread, really doubt it will. Look what happened in an Oregon mall.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Glad I live in Texas too, should give me sometime to panic buy in January because I'm all locked up for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by mhiggi02 View Post
    Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? Not a bad idea
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Tx Governor Rick Perry thinks that Gun Free Zones are the PROBLEM
    Rick Perry tells tea party: Allow more guns in schools | The Raw Story
    I heard about this and am glad he not only said that but also said that "One thing I hope I donít see is knee-jerk reaction from Washington, where they come in and think they know the answers."

I'll be testing this soon, I am scheduled to go to Austin tonight and tomorrow and want to take the kids to see the Capital.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Not that it's any surprise, but it's interesting to see the stark contrast between the responses to this here vs. the comments posted at the bottom of the article.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links