TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere - Page 3

TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

This is a discussion on TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am extremely proud to serve my country and be a Texan....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

I am extremely proud to serve my country and be a Texan.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    What really makes me want to regurgitated is that the majority of the elected officials, the president and his department heads all have 24/7 armed security and if a gun ban is approved they will continue to have them at our expense. Mayor Bloomberg of NY in his last anti gun speech was surrounded by armed guards. The president will use the Sandy Hook shooting as a tool to circumvent the 2nd Amendment. Notice he will again present a speech today, so I am told, at 11:45 AM. The reason I say "present" is that it will be nothing more than a prepared speech by someone other than Obama that he will read, and of course he will make a few pauses, add a few sniffs here and there when directed by the written speech.

Food for thought: why has not the President or the mayor of Chicago ever made mention that there are at least 400 plus murders a year just in the city each year in any of their speeches and/or press conferences. why has the DOJ or the president not made mention that a Fast And Furious weapon was used in the murder of the Mexican beauty queen recently. Why? Chicago has the toughest anti gun laws in America, they don't work. They never would mention F&F because it was their failed program that has cost the lives of one American and untold numbers of Mexicans. The president will use Sandy Hook carnage over and over to assist in getting a gun ban passed. My rant for today........
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

If I remember right, Gov. Perry got in a little bit of trouble for shooting a coyote with his own concealed weapon in a city park, or something like that....

God Bless Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    If I remember right, Gov. Perry got in a little bit of trouble for shooting a coyote with his own concealed weapon in a city park, or something like that....

God Bless Texas!
    Coyote needed shooting.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

VIP Member
    God bless Texas and Governor Perry. Please send him a note thanking him for supporting gun rights and concealed carry - Office of the Governor - Rick Perry - Contact
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Hopefully more governors will follow his lead.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

I moved back to Texas from Vermont which is a great state for carrying but the cost of living, state income tax just didn't work for me. Texas does and as long as Rick keeps doing what G.W. started with us and conceal carry I'm all for it!
    A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hand.
    SENECA the younger
    Roman stoic philosopher
    4 B.C. - 65 A.D.

I like his notion... I really do.

But, is this the best we can do? Siding with a loser (okay, okay... can I at least call him an "also ran?")?

I mean... really... we better find a better spokesmodel for the product we're trying to sell...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    A good idea, but I think schools need dedicated armed guards. An armed teacher focused on his or her students can't be vigilant like guards, and won't see a threat until it's already in the classroom.

Texas looks better to me all the time

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I mean... really... we better find a better spokesmodel for the product we're trying to sell...
    I'll take anyone I can get to be on my side, especially when he's the governor of a state. Thanks and good day.

A woman got mauled by a coyote in a park right below the Cooper River Bridge. This is in Mount Pleasant SC just across the river from Charleston. She was jogging on a trail under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post

God Bless Texas!
    He never got in trouble,he was exercising his right to defend himself and his dog from a wild coyote.If anything his story put a positive light on why people need to carry,whether it's 2 legged or 4 legged threats you need to be able to stop the threat
    Anubis likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He never got in trouble,he was exercising his right to defend himself and his dog from a wild coyote.If anything his story put a positive light on why people need to carry,whether it's 2 legged or 4 legged threats you need to be able to stop the threat
    The only trouble he got in for that was a bunch of texans got upset because he was carrying a piddly little lcp. They wanted him to carry a real gun. :) I don't blame them - what is a governor from Texas doing with anything except a 44 magnum or 1911? It just looks bad for the state.
    MrsHB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mp45fan View Post
    Why I voted for the guy and will do it again.
    I only vote for him because he usually stands out of the way and lets legislators do their job. Other than that, "Pointy Boots" is no genius.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links