TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

This is a discussion on TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tet4 The only trouble he got in for that was a bunch of texans got upset because he was carrying a piddly ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: TX GOVERNOR says Let CHL holders carry everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    The only trouble he got in for that was a bunch of texans got upset because he was carrying a piddly little lcp. They wanted him to carry a real gun. :) I don't blame them - what is a governor from Texas doing with anything except a 44 magnum or 1911? It just looks bad for the state.

Ha! That is exactly right! We can't have our states reputation dragged through the mud...our Governor must be thought of with the same mythical presence as a modern day Paul Bunyon.

Some say, Perry carries a Desert Eagle, a knife crafted from the same piece of steel used to make Excalibur, and a blunderbuss as his BUG.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Look at the comments with the article... They're absolutely slaughtering him.

Actually.he should carry somthing like my Vaquero in 45. Stainless ,7 1/2" barrel, no ivory grips though. Thinking about making some from mesquite.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I heard about this and am glad he not only said that but also said that "One thing I hope I donít see is knee-jerk reaction from Washington, where they come in and think they know the answers."

I'll be testing this soon, I am scheduled to go to Austin tonight and tomorrow and want to take the kids to see the Capital.
    The express lane through security for folks with CHLs is nice.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Perry is Correct. Gun Free Zones are just Game Preserves for the Predators. But the libertards don`t see it that way,they think everybody obeys the law.
    ccw9mm and MrsHB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Look at the comments with the article... They're absolutely slaughtering him.
    because they aren't thinking,just responding, Israel has armed teachers and volunteers in their schools, and surprise, surprise,no mass shootings. I think Perry has a good idea.
    wishyouwell likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I moved down here from the Peoples Republic of Maryland...I can't imagine ever hearing anything close to this from anyone in Annapolis
    Maryland I know what you mean. I was born and raised there and still work there, but recently moved to Pennsylvania. So much nicer here!

JMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    A good idea, but I think schools need dedicated armed guards. An armed teacher focused on his or her students can't be vigilant like guards, and won't see a threat until it's already in the classroom.
    My thoughts as well..and...knowing how to deal with a threat in a chaotic crowded place involves more than just having a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Good for the Guv! Let's hope some of this rubs off on other Governors. I doubt if it will ever fly in other states. There would be too many people with their undies in a bunch. Governors in some states would be lynched before they were impeached.
    Actually in Tennessee as a HCP holder I can drive through a school zone to drop off or pick up my child as long as I don't go in or stop for any other person. I think we could get it passed here as well

A good idea, but I think schools need dedicated armed guards. An armed teacher focused on his or her students can't be vigilant like guards, and won't see a threat until it's already in the classroom.
    In theory I think everyone would agree but the problem is that it is not economically viable, and it never will be. Here's why. Let's take an elementary school of 200 kids, 20 staff and 1 building. If we add one security guard that would be $30k+ (just a rough estimate) a year. The guard has no other duties, so the school board will look at that every year and say, wow I wish we could do something else with that money. Now, is one guard enough? I would argue that it's absolutely not. But, will the board add 4 more? Of course not. But, if we could have an arrangement where people who would otherwise be in school anyway could step in on the rare occasion that security is needed, then it becomes much more viable. Instead of paying $30k a year for one guard, maybe the school could pay $15k a year for weapons training for 10 staff.

The problem is that with a full time guard you pay continually for services that may rarely be needed. It's the same reason that most of us don't have security details at our houses and opt for a few guns at home that we can use ourselves should the need arise.

There are many people that are capable enough of teaching and carrying a weapon at the same time. I think we should have a system where staff should be able to volunteer, receive training (and background checks) and carry. This doesn't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do, and it naturally selects those inclined and willing to help protect others.

So how many millions upon millions of dollars did the school unions spend to get the dictator and chief re-elected. Seems there's plenty of money to throw around when it comes to what they want. Obviously it's not protecting the children in these goverment sanctioned killing fields though.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    In theory I think everyone would agree but the problem is that it is not economically viable, and it never will be. Here's why. Let's take an elementary school of 200 kids, 20 staff and 1 building. If we add one security guard that would be $30k+ (just a rough estimate) a year.
    A smaller federal government would result in having more cash within the states. I haven't run numbers estimates, as it's a complex question, but that would certainly free up capital.

No question is insoluble. Some just require creative thinking and will to achieve it.

Whatever else is true, the solution is likely going to require a mix of elements, as no single thing is likely to be viable for any number of reasons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I need to move

One of my best bud's moved here from Michigan a couple of years ago. He absolutely loves it here! I call him my adopted yankee bro!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links