Gander Mountain OK's Open carry

This is a discussion on Gander Mountain OK's Open carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thrilled today when I saw Gander's Mountain sign as I entered the store. Wish I snapped a pic. Essentially the sign read they ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RightsEroding
  • 1 Post By chuckusaret

Thread: Gander Mountain OK's Open carry

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

I was thrilled today when I saw Gander's Mountain sign as I entered the store.
    Wish I snapped a pic.

Essentially the sign read they FULLY allow "licensed" citizens to carry concealed AND open.

I almost wanted to take off my jacket and walk around more.

On a sad note; I noticed ALL AR type rifles including those really mean looking black 22 cal were absent...
    not taken down; just sold out!

My hat is off to the Gander Mountain mgmt.
    carracer likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Good! Now if they could lower some gun prices I will be ecstatic.

GH
    Maybe it's a gimmick to get people in to buy their high priced products. Anyway my hats off to them. That might be a good addition to the Wally Walk ritual.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwill72 View Post
    I have purchased several handguns and rifles at GM, more expensive but they also add their warranty on the gun and it is always a pleasure to work with their sales personnel. I gladly pay the little extra not to be insulted by the salesperson when I ask to look at more than two or three guns as has happened to me at several LGS's.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    GM policy has always been to follow the laws of the state they are located in.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Gander Mountain lest Michigan Open Carry Inc. have Open Carry seminars and events there all the time. Not anything new to us here in Michigan.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwill72 View Post
    I like Gander. i agree their prices are a little higher than Academy but their selection is much better and they are in the same neighborhood as BassPro Shops on gun prices. I shop at the one in Hattiesburg, MS when I go there to visit my daughter at USM and I carry concealed in the store. Good luck finding any AR style rifles anywhere now as sales are through the roof after this last shooting brought all the gun grabbers out of hiding again.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Ok ok ok -- But what if a guy decided to use his gun at Gander Mountain? With all those CC and OC, a nut might get shot. Why risk it. Even the pyschos know a "Gun Free" zone (school) is the place for a shoot out.

Gander Mountain isn't being fair to the Laughners, Holmes, Breveriks, Klebolds, and Adam Lanzas of this world. I live in Florida and retirees are popping BGs in internet cafes. All people have to ask is why no one robs a gun store - all the employees carry guns, and you will get shot.

My point is that mad-dog killers hit soft targets (gun-free zones).

New Member Array LibertyorDeath's Avatar
    Thats awesome, Ive been open carrying in the one in Fayetteville, NC since they opened. They have no sign that said i couldnt?? Do not buy firearms from there. WAYY to over priced. I get my parts from gunsmiths there. Hell, walmarts cheaper. I snagged my M&P15 and 15/22 from walmart. THE M&P15/22 IS THE BEST .22 IVE EVER OWNED. And i have a shitload of firearms, in my house, car and buried on my 56 acres of woods. Start prepping your weapons for the bans.

Links