Someone in public calls you out for CC, what now? - Page 2

Someone in public calls you out for CC, what now?

This is a discussion on Someone in public calls you out for CC, what now? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened to me recently. I walked into a restaurant to meet my sister-in-law so I could pick up a jacket that I left at ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Someone in public calls you out for CC, what now?

This happened to me recently. I walked into a restaurant to meet my sister-in-law so I could pick up a jacket that I left at her house. I walked in to the waiting area and motioned for her to come to me. She was at the bar and had been drinking with friends. She walked up to me and greeted me with a hug. She appeared pretty toasted. Her hand felt my pistol as she hugged me. Yes I know I am supposed to attempt to block the area with my arm. But it didn't work out that way. She then said "do you have a gun?!?" pretty loudly. People turned and looked. I denied it and said my goodbye and took off. Note...there was a police officer near us, btw, who was waiting for someone in the bar area. So that made me pretty nervous. He didn't hear anything, and not sure it would have mattered. When I got home, she sent me a text saying "I asked the police officer if you could walk into the bar area with a gun." LMAO. "He says it was ok as long as you had a CHL". I responded, I don't have a gun. LOL She does know that I visit the range with her husband. So it sort of clicked in her head. Anyway, I got made by a semi-drunk woman.
    sioux565 likes this.

I've been called out once. I responded with a smile. They then shook my hand and said, "thank you". We went on our marry ways.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    I've been called out once. I responded with a smile. They then shook my hand and said, "thank you". We went on our marry ways.
    You married them?
    wmhawth and daddysgirl like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Tell them thanks for drawing attention to my colostomy bag.
    Brilliant!

Ignore the person and move on. I don't know them, they don't deserve any response or explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    You married them?
    LOL... *merry* way. Parted ways
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Tell them thanks for drawing attention to my colostomy bag.
    In the wrong hands, that's one dangerious colostomy bag!

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    In the wrong hands, that's one dangerious colostomy bag!
    lol.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Look at them confused and say, "lo siento no hablo Inglés" Works even better if you aren't hispanic...nothing more fun than confusing an idiot.

Just reply the truth. It is my pain management pump. (Sombody tries to cause me pain, it pump bullets)
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Shoot them and tell them,'Yeah, you're right."

No, like others have said, ignore them. You need only to answer to an LEO.
    sioux565 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wisconsin allows open carry as well as licensed concealed carry. I have occasionally open carried myself before and since the Concealed Carry law went into effect last november.

Anyhow, last week Friday afternoon (hours after news was spreading about the Sandy Hook incident) I was standing in line at the bank when someone came in open carrying making a deposit from a business. A woman in front of me (in her 70's) started getting all bugged out and grabbed my coat and pointed at him saying "that man has a gun !".
    I had noticed him and the gun as soon as walked through the door, and I calmly and somewhat dismissively told her "yes, that's perfectly legal. Lots of people carry guns now, and thankfully since last November the vast majority of them are no longer criminals".

It took her a moment to process what I said, but she calmed down and didn't mention it to anyone else including the teller.

I didn't bother to point out 'Wilson Combat on my side'.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    She then said "do you have a gun?!?" pretty loudly. People turned and looked.
    "No, I'm just happy to see you !"

I haven't been asked this by anyone but my girlfriend when she is either going out of her way to feel if I have one or if there is a sketchy character nearby she will ask. She hasn't noticed yet that EVERY time she asks, the answer is yes.

I have thought about it though, and if someone asks, my response will be 'That's my PPD' and I will casually carry on or change the subject.
    What's a PPD? It's my Personal Protection Device.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Smart Alec answer - Why yes ma'am, I do have a gun. I also have a weapon on me...

Real answer would depend on who it was and how they were acting.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Fortunately I have never had that happen even my girlfriend ask me, "Do you have that thing on you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links