Somehow, today when I was CC'ing, I felt more thankful than before....

This is a discussion on Somehow, today when I was CC'ing, I felt more thankful than before.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With my right to protect myself and those I love in more jeopardy than ever before, I somehow appreciated my Glock more today as it ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By smolck
  • 1 Post By smolck
  • 1 Post By SigSaurP228
  • 1 Post By patinthehat
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By ElArdilla
  • 1 Post By PEF

Thread: Somehow, today when I was CC'ing, I felt more thankful than before....

With my right to protect myself and those I love in more jeopardy than ever before, I somehow appreciated my Glock more today as it sat all nestled warm in my holster. Funny thing was, I was in a historic movie theater with my son and 300 of his classmates (school field trip). As I sat in the dark and suffered through "Polar Express" I thought about the scene. A movie theater full of children, and me, a "gun nut" right in their midst. According to the libs and media, mass chaos should have happened. Instead, a nice day was had by all.

Not one of those teachers, other parents, or students had a clue, but I was ready to defend should the unthinkable happen. (and no, I never entered school property, or rode on a bus or anything. I was allowed to drive myself and my son in my own vehicle so I was 100% legal)
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Well said! Understand the feeling. Yet we must never become so appreciative for our RIGHT to carry, that we being thinking of it as a state-issued privilege. It is INALIENABLE. "Shall NOT be infringed..."
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Well said! Understand the feeling. Yet we must never become so appreciative for our RIGHT to carry, that we being thinking of it as a state-issued privilege. It is INALIENABLE. "Shall NOT be infringed..."
    Interestingly enough, there are two bills in our state house right now on concealed carry. One is to make ours a Shall issue state instead of the current "may issue" and the other is to allow employees to be allowed to carry at work. SWEET! Gotta love Bama! We know football and guns!
    BugDude likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Nice post. You know, I almost wish we could get the Anti's to read these forums. I think it would be good for them to see who gun carriers are, what we do and what we think about. It might help them get over their hoplophobia. And I'd like to talk to people I know personally about this because I think it would carry some weight with them; I'm known as an extremely reasonable man in my community and the very few people I have told (chiefly other gun nuts, and because they told me first) have been flabberghasted to find out that I carry. But, I don't tell anyone. And the reason is "Carry always, never tell." The fear people have over this issue makes them so irrational, that I just can't trust them not to cause trouble, start arguments or make MWAG calls. So, like you, I go about my business with my HK at 3 o'clock, hoping it gets to stay there, except for cleaning and training. But yes, I share your feeling of thankfulness that we can do this.

That being said, I've been writing daily to state and national politicians in support of our rights.

And today, I was sitting in a theater freaked out because I cannot carry there. Took my son to see the Hobbit, had my knife, the mace on my keychain, and the bigger can I usually have on the nightstand in my purse. Checked out everyone that came into the theater. I was really wishing I had my glock on me.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Not one of those teachers, other parents, or students had a clue, but I was ready to defend should the unthinkable happen. (and no, I never entered school property, or rode on a bus or anything. I was allowed to drive myself and my son in my own vehicle so I was 100% legal)
    It is actually legal in AL to carry on school grounds as long as you have your permit and do not have an intent to do harm. so you would have been legal anyways.

Sorry you had to endure that movie though lol. Watching that movie is a yearly tradition in my house. unfortunately though you don't watch it once. you have to watch it many many times.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patinthehat View Post
    It is actually legal in AL to carry on school grounds as long as you have your permit and do not have an intent to do harm. so you would have been legal anyways.

Sorry you had to endure that movie though lol. Watching that movie is a yearly tradition in my house. unfortunately though you don't watch it once. you have to watch it many many times.
    To your first point, yes, that is the way I read the law too but didn't feel like throwing it out there and having to argue the point since this post isn't about that. (you know how some can nit pick)

As to the movie, yes, my kids can quote it line by line. Why didn't the kid just hold on to the ticket? That would have shaved an hour or more off the movie!

Yes Alabama definetly knows guns. Of course we have that part in Tennessee. As far as the football goes in the nicest way possible BITE ME and Go VOLS. ;)

I whole heartedly agree somedays its just nice to know that the safety of your family is in your hands.
    smolck likes this.

Re: Somehow, today when I was CC'ing, I felt more thankful than before....

As to the movie, yes, my kids can quote it line by line. Why didn't the kid just hold on to the ticket? That would have shaved an hour or more off the movie!
    Oh I know. But noooo he had to let it go and continue to waste precious time every year. I think I'm going to try and find a new movie to continue the tradition with next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SigSaurP228 View Post
    Yes Alabama definetly knows guns. Of course we have that part in Tennessee. As far as the football goes in the nicest way possible BITE ME and Go VOLS. ;)

Now theres no need to be spoutin that blasphemy on this here forum. When it comes to college football the only thing worth sayin is ROLL TIDE!!
    smolck likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Interestingly enough, there are two bills in our state house right now on concealed carry. One is to make ours a Shall issue state instead of the current "may issue" and the other is to allow employees to be allowed to carry at work. SWEET! Gotta love Bama! We know football and guns!
    Lynyrd Skynyrd didn't refer to it as "Sweet Home Alabama" for nothing. Being a good ol' Southern Country Boy myself (Originally from the hills of NC and lived in the rural Mountains of Virginia until this year), I consider that song a cultural rock anthem of sorts. And just as important, "Roll Tide!!!"
    smolck likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    I have had an extra mind of thankfulness almost every day since I started CC, but yes, some days more than others.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

On the other hand, I'm traveling for the holidays 3000 miles away from my beautiful White Hat and Ruger sr9c. With the craziness this past week I'm missing my sidearm more than ever. Enjoy it extra for me OP!
    daddysgirl likes this.

VIP Member
    With my right to protect myself and those I love in more jeopardy than ever before, I somehow appreciated my Glock more today as it sat all nestled warm in my holster. Funny thing was, I was in a historic movie theater with my son and 300 of his classmates (school field trip). As I sat in the dark and suffered through "Polar Express" I thought about the scene. A movie theater full of children, and me, a "gun nut" right in their midst. According to the libs and media, mass chaos should have happened. Instead, a nice day was had by all.

You should also bring that scary looking dog in your avatar. That will scare the beejeezus out of a bad guy. Is that your dog?

As an observation, I'm glad you did not shoot up the theater, terrorize the children, impart PTSD on the teachers, and generally contribute to the downfall of society all because you were carrying a gun in a concealed manner. Because, y'know, that *always* happens when I carry, being a "gun nut" and being part of the "gun culture."

Hang on, Piers Morgan is calling.
    smolck likes this.

Lots of neat responses guys. And yes, ROLL TIDE! Ol' Saint Nick (Saban) is making ready our boys to knock the gold paint off the helmets of Notre Dame.

And as PEF said, I know, it is amazing that my gun didn't just jump off my hip and go berserk in the theater. I thought that is what happened anytime a gun was around others......

Links