Friends that are way out of ??

This is a discussion on Friends that are way out of ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does he drink alcohol? Does he drive a car, truck, or any motor vehicle? If the answer to both is yes then tell him you ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Friends that are way out of ??

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Does he drink alcohol? Does he drive a car, truck, or any motor vehicle? If the answer to both is yes then tell him you should contact MADD on him because he is just as guilty of killing people from driving drunk as those the police catch at the scene. It makes the same type of sense he is trying.

2. Remove Ads

this is not original with me - i found it on another DC thread:

ask your friend this: how many survivors of a violent criminal assault do you think have said to themselves afterwards, "Boy, i'm sure glad i didn't have a gun."?
    Yetiman, mulle46, DaGunny and 5 others like this.

Great answer, hope you don't my using it if someone gives me hard time about my weapons.

Thanks

Well I can not stop discussing it with anyone that claims all gun owners are murders or wackos. I don't bring the subject of guns but will argue my right to own one.
    dean1818 likes this.

Simple...I don't have any "anti" friends. If they are, I don't know it....but they know where I stand. In your case OP, close or not, if they called me just to start an argument, I would have hung up. When they call back, I would ask: "Did you get that out of your system?" and "Are you ready to have a conversation like a civilized adult?".
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

"I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."
    pfries and pacman like this.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they canít get it wrong..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Well how do you deal with this .

I have one thats lets say we are close.

For most part great guy .

He called me today ask me whats been up ?

I had not called him this week mainley I did not want to get into the Conn. thing.

We let me say this guy is as left as you can get and beats me real bad saying all us gun nuts need to turn them in .

Wll you can guess where that went .

Any how how do you all deal with this when the anti loones attack.

I told him my heart breaks for all those folks , just as much as his.

Oh well I think when I see him around christmas going to tell him lets not bring it up .

Simple solution....hang up the phone. People like that aren't worth wasting your breath on.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    this is not original with me - i found it on another DC thread:

ask your friend this: how many survivors of a violent criminal assault do you think have said to themselves afterwards, "Boy, i'm sure glad i didn't have a gun."?
    Yep, that one's mine (although I posed it a bit more graphically, but those who push me to ask it have already shown they need a little graphic imagery). It's especially powerful for me to pose that question, since I AM a survivor (I refuse to call myself a victim, or to become one again). The answers to my question sure do shed light on the thought process (or lack of) of some people. Those that still are stubborn enough to deny the usefulness of a firearm in that situation lose my friendship forever, since they clearly value their ideological fantasies over the safety and lives of innocent people.
    darbo likes this.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    Yep, that one's mine (although I posed it a bit more graphically, but those who push me to ask it have already shown they need a little graphic imagery). It's especially powerful for me to pose that question, since I AM a survivor (I refuse to call myself a victim, or to become one again). The answers to my question sure do shed light on the thought process (or lack of) of some people. Those that still are stubborn enough to deny the usefulness of a firearm in that situation lose my friendship forever, since they clearly value their ideological fantasies over the safety and lives of innocent people.

dear MamaMaria: i do apologize for not giving you direct credit. i had looked at so many posts and threads today, and i was too lazy to go back and search to find whoever had authored this one. i'm glad you found this thread yourself. sensei2

I haven't ended relationships because of disagreements in politics or firearms (sometimes one in the same). I value relationships with my family and friends. Of course there are people that you just have to cut loose but I do that if the relationship doesn't benefit either of us.

Only you know how much you value his frienship.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

I went through this type of thing at a Christmas party the other day. We were talking about the ccl test and so forth and someone said something against people having guns. I said I can respect how you feel. If someone comes in and tries to shoot you I will keep my gun to myself.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I avoid conversations with anti-gun folks, just like I avoid other emotionally-charged subjects, like politics and religion. You're not going to change anybody's mind. It's just not worth it.

I have several friends who are pretty far left. We've simply agreed to disagree. Not a big deal.

I do get sick of seeing their sh*t on Facebook, though.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    IF thats his opinion I would cut ties with him. Just me, I'm to the point now where I am so fed up with the way things are going I don't wanna be around anyone too stupid to realize it.
    Yes it has been on my mind alot.

This Guy got really nastey over the election ( his man won mine lost )

I dismissed that at him being a typical Libb but he like most of them I have known took cheap personal shots.

I never have done that got more class .

I recently gave up trying to answer anti's questions because I realized that they are emotional thinkers and no amount of fact and common sense will change thier point of view. Now the most I will say is I will ask them if they are willing to give up some of their 1st amendment rights and allow the goverment to decide how much freedom of speech they really need because some people abuse it. If they say yes, I tell them they are already lost and won't discuss it any more with them. If they say no, they are leaving an opening for a discussion of the slippery slope of eroding our constitutional rights because of a criminals actions.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Yes it has been on my mind alot.

This Guy got really nastey over the election ( his man won mine lost )

I dismissed that at him being a typical Libb but he like most of them I have known took cheap personal shots.

I never have done that got more class .

Sounds like some friend. Why are you even talking to him anymore?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links