Friends that are way out of ?? - Page 5

Friends that are way out of ??

This is a discussion on Friends that are way out of ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have no pinko commie liberal friends as I do not befriend people that cannot be trusted. However, I do enjoy talking to them from ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Friends that are way out of ??

Administrator
    I have no pinko commie liberal friends as I do not befriend people that cannot be trusted. However, I do enjoy talking to them from time to time, much like how I enjoy talking to my dog knowing he has no idea what I'm saying but I still get the lost look and doggy head tilt out of it.
    tcox4freedom and JoJoGunn like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    yes, in a professional capacity. That doesn't mean he/she has to do so when not working.
    True, but my poorly articulated point was, that's at least 8 hours a day.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    True, but my poorly articulated point was, that's at least 8 hours a day.
    but outside of work,where you can choose who you interact with, that's when it's important.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Well how do you deal with this .

I have one thats lets say we are close.

For most part great guy .

He called me today ask me whats been up ?

I had not called him this week mainley I did not want to get into the Conn. thing.

We let me say this guy is as left as you can get and beats me real bad saying all us gun nuts need to turn them in .

Wll you can guess where that went .

Any how how do you all deal with this when the anti loones attack.

I told him my heart breaks for all those folks , just as much as his.

Oh well I think when I see him around christmas going to tell him lets not bring it up .

Show him the murder stats for Chicago...A no carry City.

Try to get him to read this..If anything can open him up this can..If not I'd move on or tell him the topic of off limits. If he can not respect that then he does not respect you.

Auditing Shooting Rampage Statistics - Daily Anarchist

I think we have all experienced the person who has a passionate dislike for firearms but knows nothing about them or the people that own them. Apparently research was not one of their good qualities.

I have some acquaintences who are Liberal and also anti-gun in their thinking but do not consider them to be friends, warm bodies, yes, friends, no.

I think your "friend" is hoping aboard the emotional rowboat in the wake of this recent tragic shooting. You quite frankly are better off without "friends" like that. Like you have said, "his loss."
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post

Try to get him to read this..If anything can open him up this can..If not I'd move on or tell him the topic of off limits. If he can not respect that then he does not respect you.

WOW! Thank you for that link!!! That is very interesting and is a must read. But the sad thing is they will probably question the numbers and resources.

My first post....I have been trolling around for awhile and find this forum really insightful. Look forward to hanging out.

Wow!! What a great link.

I'm now retired so I don't face that dilemma at work. Also, I don't have friends who are rabidly anti gun. I do have a sister-in-law who would fit that description but we have very little contact with her so it's not a big problem.

Simple, people that are anti-gun nazis, I don't hold, socialize with, or even casually call my friends. It's really as simple as that. No one in my immediate family is an anti-gun nazi. My mother and father-in-law are both very supportive that I carry concealed. Any other extended family that might object and are secretly an anti-gun nazi, I don't give a rip. None of them could possibly influence whether I CHOOSE to carry concealed or not. So, I guess to answer the OP's question, I don't allow it to be an issue. They have no influence nor any say in what I do or don't do, whatsoever.

Man this was a great read thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links