Friends that are way out of ??

This is a discussion on Friends that are way out of ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well how do you deal with this . I have one thats lets say we are close. For most part great guy . He called ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Friends that are way out of ??

Friends that are way out of ??

Well how do you deal with this .

I have one thats lets say we are close.

For most part great guy .

He called me today ask me whats been up ?

I had not called him this week mainley I did not want to get into the Conn. thing.

We let me say this guy is as left as you can get and beats me real bad saying all us gun nuts need to turn them in .

Wll you can guess where that went .

Any how how do you all deal with this when the anti loones attack.

I told him my heart breaks for all those folks , just as much as his.

Oh well I think when I see him around christmas going to tell him lets not bring it up .

2. Remove Ads

If your nuts you shouldn't have a gun.... but having a gun doesn't make you nuts :)

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I told a friend that he should remove all his sharp knives before I come over again and replace them with sporks

Quote Originally Posted by Movingman View Post
    If your nuts you shouldn't have a gun.... but having a gun doesn't make you nuts :)
    I agree

Tell him to turn in his vehicle because a drunk driver 3 states over killed a family of 7. He'll say, "what sense does that make?" and tell him it makes about as much sense as turning in my guns because of cowards who commit mass murder.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "We're all entitled to our own opinions, whether I'm right or you're wrong."
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Moderator
    I would have said...yeah you're right...we need to turn them all in.
    So as a favor to you and all of your friends, because its Christamas time and I'm feeling charitable, I'll meet you at your house and you can throw all of your guns in the back of the truck so as to save you some time and effort.
    mulle46, mg27, multistage and 3 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Movingman View Post
    If you're nuts you shouldn't have a gun.... but having a gun doesn't make you nuts :)
    That's pretty good! BTW, Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    None of my friends or my wife are anti-gun. Family on the other hand is a different story. Despite the facts and statistics I've laid in front of some of them, they refuse to admit that they see it. I've found there is no point in arguing, or having a conversation that will inevitably lead to arguing. If I get asked why I am a gun owner by someone I know is anti-gun, I simply reply "to protect my wife and myself", and leave it at that.
    Jeanlouise and NewtownSam like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    That's pretty good! BTW, Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    And the passive aggressive grammar Nazi award goes to...!

Just kidding

OP, no sense in trying to put out a fire with gasoline. Value your friendship and, like you said, don't let him bait you into talking about it.
    JDE101 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I say it is my right until enough stupid people vote to eliminate it. I have had to stop "discussing it" with people. I can not combat emotion with logic, and as Ron White said: You can't fix stupid.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Ignore them. They've made a choice and so have we. We will all live according to our choices, some of us just do a better job of it.
    Burns and Mr B like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'd gently remind him that you are a responsible gun owner who is actively practicing your constitutional rights, doing no harm to anyone, and would appreciate his understanding on the subject so that no further tension will creep into your highly-valued friendship.
    oakchas likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    IF thats his opinion I would cut ties with him. Just me, I'm to the point now where I am so fed up with the way things are going I don't wanna be around anyone too stupid to realize it.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Yeah interesting topic. My wife's family will be here this weekend for Christmas. Two of four are teachers and have young kids in school another is a teacher with young kids in school and is also a hunter who is anti NRA. I don't think any of them know that I carry. One has expressed his opposition to high capacity magazines in the past. It's gonna be legen-wait for it-dary.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links