I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits... - Page 3

I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits...

This is a discussion on I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cook74 I just continue to carry my 442 snub and no other ammo. I don't expect to have a shoot out at ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits...

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    I just continue to carry my 442 snub and no other ammo. I don't expect to have a shoot out at the OK coral. So no need for multiple reloads. If I can't hit the target after this many years, I doubt another reload ain't the answer.

I am always amazed at how many guns some of us carry.

I think the real question is, unless you are a LEO or in that kind of business, why would anyone carry multiple guns?

Please enlighten me as to any statistics where one needed the second (or third) gun for self protection? (because I can is not the answer either)...

I'm asking real life, not James Bond. I really am curious...
    Would you accept "Old habits die hard?" LOL As a retired LEO, I'm so used to carrying two pistols, I'd feel naked without them. Most everyone I knew carried two, and statistics have shown that it's faster to bring the second gun online, then it is to deal with a malfunction. Don't ask me to produce those stats, because that would cause me work, and I'm retired. :)

Now that I'm retired, I have a lot more time to ride my Harley Davidson M/C. When it's hot, I'll sometimes lock the larger pistol (Kimber Ultra Raptor .45ACP) in the tour pack, so I can shed the concealment garment, and just go with the pocket pistol (Kimber Solo Carry .9mm). Only time I'm not armed is when I'm in my jammies within the castle walls.

To answer the OP's question, nothing has changed in my world. Always carry 2, multiple reloads for primary, one spare mag for backup, surefire flashlight, and a benchmade automatic pocket knife. Everybody is safer when I'm in the vicinity. Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    To answer the OP's question, nothing has changed in my world. Always carry 2, multiple reloads for primary, one spare mag for backup, surefire flashlight, and a benchmade automatic pocket knife. Everybody is safer when I'm in the vicinity. Be safe.
    I always wondered, how do LE officers manage to sit in a chair or a car with all that crap on your belt? I have the surefire holster and it sticks out farther than the OWB holster I use at the range. I'm seriously asking for tricks here. I haven't the first clue where I'd put a BUG, nevermind that I can't carry 2 concealed here in New Mexico.
    Marley likes this.

All I can think of is "And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold".
    dean1818 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    Yes the LC9 is cleared and in the safe. The Glock 26 now comes with me along with my M4 carbine and about 100 rounds. I use a skateboard case for it. I can lock it in my office ( I have a safe there )

I haven't changed yet but I admit that my LCR .38 and speed loader have been feeling a bit inadequate recently. I've been considering picking up a Glock 27 for carry but I am trying to not make any impulse buys. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. If I still feel how I feel now I will consider making a change.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Fla
    I carry my 357 in a cell pal, 2 speed strips in the cell case, 9mm in a Sneaky Pete spare clip in back left pocket, and 380 in wallet holster in back right pocket spare clip in back left. Depends on situation as to which to draw and use. 'Give me your wallet' gets the 380, a little more distance gets the 9mm, still more distance and or time gets the 357.
    Overkill? Maybe. Often it is just the 357 OR the 9mm. The 380 bug is always with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    I just continue to carry my 442 snub and no other ammo. I don't expect to have a shoot out at the OK coral. So no need for multiple reloads. If I can't hit the target after this many years, I doubt another reload ain't the answer.

I am always amazed at how many guns some of us carry.

I think the real question is, unless you are a LEO or in that kind of business, why would anyone carry multiple guns?

Please enlighten me as to any statistics where one needed the second (or third) gun for self protection? (because I can is not the answer either)...

I'm asking real life, not James Bond. I really am curious...

My EDC hasn't changed one bit

policeplayset.jpg
    brocktice and carracer like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Fla
    Officer: Why did you shoot him with 3 different calibers?
    Me: Cause I couldn't fit the shotgun in my pocket to make it 4.
    carracer likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits...

2 guns... 35 plus rounds, My world has not changed that much!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I am retired and I watch things around me even closer it seems that my group has become a target for the sucker punch and get scrips or what ever I may have. I now live where my pemit is not legal and I get lonesome and all I have is my cane which was introduced to a young man and I did say I was sorry
    Pistology likes this.

+1 Now carry a BUG with my EDC for about a year now.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

I also have re-evaluated my carry. I suffered a shoulder injury last summer so have ordered left hand IWB holsters for both my LC9 and 1911. My lc9 will be for deep concealment such as work and the 1911 will be for all other times. Previously have only open carried the 1911. It will now be there for those times OC is not convenient.

My primary was a G26, changed it a few months ago to a G29.....my Bug is either a Keltec .380 or a J frame .38

IMO.............just carry enough Gun.

I've worked in schools for many moons...always armed myself the moment I got home.
    This summer that has changed...retired a second and final time.
    I really go nowhere I cannot carry, so now I'm armed 24/7...I like it that way.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links