I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits... - Page 6

I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits...

This is a discussion on I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only change I've made is to switch to a larger daily carry (M&P Shield .40) with an extra mag and occasionally a BUG, depending ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I'll be honest. Recent events have me changing my carry habits...

The only change I've made is to switch to a larger daily carry (M&P Shield .40) with an extra mag and occasionally a BUG, depending on the destination/anticipated crowd. The world is about the same but it seems more patients have escaped or somehow managed to avoid the asylum.
    jrclen and msgt/ret like this.

Not ccw yet but on my way

It does indeed seem to me that things have changed, like there are more lunatics running the asylum. My LGS just received my new XDXC .40 Springfield and I'll be in a CHL course in a few weeks. Time for a bunch of training and range time. Glad the wife icon board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    They were NOT wearing body armor. If they were the last thing I would want is 45 ACP, or 38 special for that matter.
    I missed that press release. Since I only CCW handguns, what do YOU recommend over a .45 that would bruise the bad guy or knock the wind out of him prior to realizing one would need a head or pelvis shot?
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    My EDC is a XD40 Sub Compact with a 12 round mag and a LCP as a BUG. An extra magazine is worthless if you primary weapon experiences a failure. The .380 doesn't pack a wallop but it is far better than a magazine IMO.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I'm in agreement with that feeling the OP has. Could be any number of things. Maybe the constant bad news finally passed some internal marker we have and we step up our defense. Whatever it is that causes this feeling, I've learned not to ignore it. Some of you folks are out and about all the time and stay current with the mood. I'm pretty much a stay at home person and admit that I'm not updated continuously with the mood of the public. Don't know what it is, but I agree, it seems more like there is danger "at the door" instead of a vague "in the wings" sort of thing.

Nothings changed but thats because I have always ccw d At bare minimum a high capacity 9mm, but more normally 45 or 357 with a 9mm backup. Ive been known to carry three guns at times and probably would be now but that I dont own 3 handguns at the moment. Something i intend to correct as quickly as possible.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links