Aggravated at the State of Florida

This is a discussion on Aggravated at the State of Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; went the 4 th of dec early that day and completed everything to renew my permit. was told that i would have it withing 6 ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaDawg

Thread: Aggravated at the State of Florida

Aggravated at the State of Florida

went the 4 th of dec early that day and completed everything to renew my permit. was told that i would have it withing 6 to 9 days . well here we sit 17 days later and no id. now next week being Christmas i am pretty sure it wont show up next week either. looks like it will be the new year before i receive it. so much for cc during holiday travel now.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    (11)(a) No less than 90 days before the expiration date of the license, the Department of Agriculture andConsumer Services shall mail to each licensee a written notice of the expiration and a renewal form prescribed by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
    If you received your renewal notification and form within the prescribed time frame, you have only 1 person to be aggravated with. That is yourself, your the one who waited to long start the process.
    Last edited by archer51; December 21st, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Jetfuelrm and kmagnuss like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that. All I can say is that you are now a cautionary tale: when you know your license is about to expire, go ahead and start the renewal process early so you don't have a gap between the old and new one. I actually did this with my drivers license and had a similar problem. It was my fault.
    Jetfuelrm and minimalbrat like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I have to agree with the previous two posters they send it out in plenty of time and if one waits this is what happens

it was within the 90 day window but due to the increase in applications it will take longer . i called today to find out what the status was on the renewal and this is what i was told was the reason. was told that there are now over 1 million cc permits issued within Florida, something like 1 in 17 people .

not denying it was my fault just was not aware of such a mass undertaking by the people to have acc liscense issued.

I renewed last year at the branch off of Phillips Highway (in person, not via the mail). It took less than 30 minutes.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Not 1 in 17. That 1,000,000 figure is for all licenses, for both residents and non-residents alike. Still, that's a lot of paperwork for a state office to process.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I always go in person to my local sheriffs office at least a month before my renewal date. Usually walk out with my new permit inside of 10 minutes, but I go early just in case. But, it is nice to know that Floridians are making an effort to protect themselves. Of course, one has to wonder how many are doing it just to say they have it and never actually carry anything?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I would say, mellow out and enjoy the holidays . Figure something went wround after the 2th of next month.

I know a lady that spent the money to get her ccl. She has never shot more than enough to qualify. Hasn't shot since she qualified and doesn't carry. The ccl was a lark for her. Wish I had that kind of money to spend on a lark lol.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Links