Was my question answered?

This is a discussion on Was my question answered? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Small victory getting signs taken down at local theatre but the response I got was odd. Not sure if I'm reading too much into it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Was my question answered?

Small victory getting signs taken down at local theatre but the response I got was odd. Not sure if I'm reading too much into it or he is just making a standard business statement.

Response:
    We have *removed the signs. We don't think that you need a weapon in our theatre.*

Daniel VanOrden
    Circuit General Manager
    B&B Theatres

MY EMAIL:
    Theatre:B & B Festus 8 Cinema
    Message:I am inquiring about the Festus 8 theatre's policy on concealed handgun carry in your theatres. I am a licensed CCW holder in Missouri and used to frequent the Festus theatre until I noticed a sign stating that concealed carry was prohibited. Recently a friend of mine saw a movie at the Festus theatre and informed me that the signs were no longer posted on the doors. Does that mean that the Festus theatre now allows licensed CCW holders to carry in the theatre? This theatre is very close to my home and I would love to watch movies there as the staff was always friendly and it was a very clean and comfortable theatre. Thanks, Rob

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds like bitter resignation to me. i'd still chalk it up to a victory for the right to carry (not that it matters too much in MO).

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Sounds like bitter resignation to me. i'd still chalk it up to a victory for the right to carry (not that it matters too much in MO).
    What he said. They took down the signs... who cares what they think?

I personally probably wouldn't be able to resist e-mailing them back and asking if the theater in Aurora thought their patrons didn't need a gun, too. But I'm kind of a smart arse jerk, so YMMV.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    They conceeded--reluctantly.
    STLRampage and Grinder like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Sounds like he was probably over ruled by his boss. He probably also feels no one needed to be carrying a gun at the Aurora theater either though.
    STLRampage likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Re: Was my question answered?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    What he said. They took down the signs... who cares what they think?

I personally probably wouldn't be able to resist e-mailing them back and asking if the theater in Aurora thought their patrons didn't need a gun, too. But I'm kind of a smart arse jerk, so YMMV.
    I thought about it too but decided against it.

I know signs aren't the law here but in a posted business I worry about printing and being asked to leave. (I'd never hear the end of it from the Wife. LOL)
    TX expat likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    I know signs aren't the law here but in a posted business I worry about printing and being asked to leave. (I'd never hear the end of it from the Wife. LOL)
    LOL. That's the truth. Although it might be a great way to get out of some sappy girl movie that you got dragged to!

LOL. That's the truth. Although it might be a great way to get out of some sappy girl movie that you got dragged to!
    Great, now I'll be tempted to brandish the next time I'm watching a chick flick.
    STLRampage likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Great, now I'll be tempted to brandish the next time I'm watching a chick flick.
    Just keep bending over in the popcorn line. After a few shirt slips, you'll get shown the door.

Dang baby, I really wanted to see Steel Magnolias Two with you but these guys say I have to go. I'll just go wait over at... well there's a Hooter's right over there. Just call me when you get out.

Maybe I'm missing something in the OP...BUT...why did you email the theater and ask if it was ok to carry concealed AFTER your friend told you that the signs were down? Seems to me you would just go to the movie and carry, especially if the signs are/were down...Afterall, concealed IS concealed...JMO
    boricua likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something in the OP...BUT...why did you email the theater and ask if it was ok to carry concealed AFTER your friend told you that the signs were down? Seems to me you would just go to the movie and carry, especially if the signs are/were down...Afterall, concealed IS concealed...JMO
    Curiosity, as a sign not being there one day doesn't mean a company had changed it's policy.

I am a member of a local gun forum that tries our best to not shop at businesses that restrict CCW and give our business to pro 2A companies.

It's all fun and games until someone gets kicked out out both the theater... And the bedroom!

Nothing beats being in the dog house!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Just keep bending over in the popcorn line. After a few shirt slips, you'll get shown the door.

Dang baby, I really wanted to see Steel Magnolias Two with you but these guys say I have to go. I'll just go wait over at... well there's a Hooter's right over there. Just call me when you get out.
    I'd take a ND in the foot to get out of "Eat, Pray, Love"
    STLRampage likes this.

"We don't think that you need a weapon in our theatre"
    He felt compelled to defend the conceded position <Dumb>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links