Sandy Hook - Weapons used? - Page 2

Sandy Hook - Weapons used?

This is a discussion on Sandy Hook - Weapons used? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My issue is that the News Media started making wildly inaccurate reports with the information changing with every report. The only people who KNOW are ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook - Weapons used?

My issue is that the News Media started making wildly inaccurate reports with the information changing with every report.

The only people who KNOW are the ones that entered the crime scene, and they are, by Law and Policy, forbidden to talk about it openly. You will only get the "official" word from a Law enforcement spokesman. However, that official word should never report things that are unsure, and early on, all you will hear are the number of confirmed dead.

If the school had video surveillance in the office, grounds and halls, that will/would be conclusive. I do not think any school will have cameras in the classrooms themselves due to privacy laws.

However, this and other mass shootings end up fodder for conspiracies simply because of the confused, ignorant and inaccurate reports. Even cops on the scene that did not enter the crime scene are only passing on hear say. I want someone that actually was inside before I make a decision to believe what really happened.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Sig and Glock handguns were mentioned as the only guns used.

It was also reported that 4 handguns were recovered inside the school and a long gun was later found in the trunk of a vehicle out in the parking lot that evening (it was dark out when they cleared and secured the gun).

Once the long gun was found, despite what the video shows, we are being told that this is an assault rifle an AR-15 (looks more like a bolt action possibly a .22)

Now they are no longer mentioning the Sig, the Glock, or the 2 other handguns.

We are now being told that only the AR-15 was used.

We also are no longer being told about the 2 guys running into the woods despite one of them being caught and placed in handcuffs.

We are also not being told about the officer who stated over the radio something like "they are coming right at me" in response to another radio transmission describing 2 shadows running past the windows by the gymnasium.

Just like Benghazi, it seems that things don't seem to be adding up correctly and the official narrative keeps changing.
    1moregoodguy, good synopsis of the events as told by the media. There are a lot of inconsistencies and unanswered questions. Do you think we'll ever find out the truth? Personally, I think the earlier story of the long gun in the trunk is true and that he used the handguns for the mass shootings. But that doesn't help the administration advocate for assault weapon bans so the story changed to the long gun being used for the shootings...just my opinion.
    carracer and Cokeman like this.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

After seeing the video of the "long gun" found in the trunk of the car.
    It looks very much like a semi-auto shotgun to me.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

After posting on this thread last night I did a little more research. The Wiki article on the shooting seems plausible and seems to be a good summation of the facts. It states there was a shotgun found in the car, and it wasn't used in the shooting. That makes sense, the killer must have loaded the AR, the two handguns, and the shotgun into the car and decided to leave the shotgun behind as he went into the school since it's a large gun and lower capacity.

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a side note, the paragraph beginning with "In a first-grade classroom..." is gut wrenching. That little girl will have many struggles to overcome.
    Last edited by DallasCMT; December 23rd, 2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: removed name "Lauren", she was the teacher, not the little girl

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawk76 View Post
    1moregoodguy, good synopsis of the events as told by the media. There are a lot of inconsistencies and unanswered questions. Do you think we'll ever find out the truth? Personally, I think the earlier story of the long gun in the trunk is true and that he used the handguns for the mass shootings. But that doesn't help the administration advocate for assault weapon bans so the story changed to the long gun being used for the shootings...just my opinion.
    How will we know what the truth is when we hear it if no one in the media is asking all the right questions in an attempt to uncover the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

If you disagree with the narrative, you are immediately labeled a conspiracy nut.

If you question someone in authority, you are demonized and called names.

If you ask a tough question, the authority figures scold you and imply that you and anyone else who wants to know the answer to that question are the ones who are insensitive to the loss of life.

Investigative journalists have been replaced with note takers.

News reporters have been replaced with news readers.

All the right questions to ask have been replaced with all the wrong questions to ask.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawk76 View Post
    I try not to be a conspiracy theorist, but what you are saying here is what I was thinking, and rings true to me and the way the public has been recieving info lately.
    carracer likes this.
    Walk softly ...

PM
    The News no longer reports the News but goes for the ratings. Therefore the media reports what the hear anad no longer check what they hear to assure that they are reporting the facts; they jump just in case what they hear is fact and if not they think we will forget and not remember their attempt to give us the news!!!

When the event first happened they interviewed a teacher who said "He Had a Handgun in each Hand". I only saw that interview One Time, and it was not aired again.

The News said a Siaga semiautomatic shotgun was recovered from the car, and the news showed a picture of a Siaga with a Drum Magazine, but said this was not the actual picture of that weapon. Only Trying to Help showing a Drum Magazine.

Then we have a teacher who came out of a closet after hiding for 4 hours. Talk about a good job clearing the crime scene.

The Coroners report I saw said shot with a small caliber. No mention of what small caliber meant.

I had a copy of the New Assault Weapons Ban Gun List sent to me a couple days after the election. Don't think for a minute the Joe is just starting to work on this issue, and the best solution after consulting both sides for the best course of action.

If the AR15 was used or even at the crime scene during the crime will be a subject for debate for years to come.

Bob

VIP Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't CT already had an "assault weapons" ban in place when the shooting happened?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The left wing news media will do what ever it takes to further an AWB. To lie, and embellish most gun incidents is the norm.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Has anybody done a freedom of information or public records request yet?
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Has anybody done a freedom of information or public records request yet?
    IIRC,I think there was a 90 day moratorium issued on those requests, due to ongoing investigation.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Sandy Hook - Weapons used?

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1 View Post
    When the event first happened they interviewed a teacher who said "He Had a Handgun in each Hand". I only saw that interview One Time, and it was not aired again.

The News said a Siaga semiautomatic shotgun was recovered from the car, and the news showed a picture of a Siaga with a Drum Magazine, but said this was not the actual picture of that weapon. Only Trying to Help showing a Drum Magazine.

Then we have a teacher who came out of a closet after hiding for 4 hours. Talk about a good job clearing the crime scene.

The Coroners report I saw said shot with a small caliber. No mention of what small caliber meant.

I had a copy of the New Assault Weapons Ban Gun List sent to me a couple days after the election. Don't think for a minute the Joe is just starting to work on this issue, and the best solution after consulting both sides for the best course of action.

If the AR15 was used or even at the crime scene during the crime will be a subject for debate for years to come.

Bob
    Care to share that list? Or was it written on tablets of gold, since returned to their origin?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't CT already had an "assault weapons" ban in place when the shooting happened?
    - The restriction is really on the number of "features". The Bushmaster used wasn't illegal as far as I know.

ASSAULT WEAPON
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by TinsleyC View Post
    Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a side note, the paragraph beginning with "In a first-grade classroom..." is gut wrenching. That little girl will have many struggles to overcome.
    As the daddy of a little girl in first grade, that brought tears to my eyes.
    PlainOleDave likes this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links