Sandy Hook - Weapons used?

This is a discussion on Sandy Hook - Weapons used? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What pistols were used in the shooting? I've seen two different reports one the Ar 15 was in the trunk of his car and another ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook - Weapons used?

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

What pistols were used in the shooting? I've seen two different reports one the Ar 15 was in the trunk of his car and another that the AR was used in the shooting.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SCXDm9; December 23rd, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

A Glock and a Sig, although it's not real clear whether they were fired. Haven't seen the actual models reported, but when I have seen the pictures of "weapons similar to these" they have been a G17 and Sig P226 (for what that's worth.)
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Sig and Glock handguns were mentioned as the only guns used.

It was also reported that 4 handguns were recovered inside the school and a long gun was later found in the trunk of a vehicle out in the parking lot that evening (it was dark out when they cleared and secured the gun).

Once the long gun was found, despite what the video shows, we are being told that this is an assault rifle an AR-15 (looks more like a bolt action possibly a .22)

Now they are no longer mentioning the Sig, the Glock, or the 2 other handguns.

We are now being told that only the AR-15 was used.

We also are no longer being told about the 2 guys running into the woods despite one of them being caught and placed in handcuffs.

We are also not being told about the officer who stated over the radio something like "they are coming right at me" in response to another radio transmission describing 2 shadows running past the windows by the gymnasium.

Just like Benghazi, it seems that things don't seem to be adding up correctly and the official narrative keeps changing.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

It was also reported that 4 handguns were recovered inside the school and a long gun was later found in the trunk of a vehicle out in the parking lot that evening (it was dark out when they cleared and secured the gun).

Once the long gun was found, despite what the video shows, we are being told that this is an assault rifle an AR-15 (looks more like a bolt action possibly a .22)

We also are no longer being told about the 2 guys running into the woods despite one of them being caught and placed in handcuffs.

We are also not being told about the officer who stated over the radio something like "they are coming right at me" in response to another radio transmission describing 2 shadows running past the windows by the gymnasium.

Just like Benghazi, it seems that things don't seem to be adding up correctly and the official narrative keeps changing.
    Do you have a source for this extra information? I am not doubting you, I just want to read about it too. I googled and can't find it.. yet.

Yes, for a couple days this was said, then as you said, they switched stories and said it was the assault rifle. Last week they had the medical examiner (the big guy in a white shirt, Wayne Carver) on TV and I thought he confirmed that almost all the shooting was done with the .223.

I never could figure out how the "assault rifle" ended up in the car if the shooter never left the building alive. Based on these "other" possible people, maybe someone else ditched a/the gun in the car? Hmmm....
    USM1976 likes this.

VIP Member
    OP,

At the bottom of your post click the "edit post" button then click "go advanced"

Correct the title of the thread. Should read "Sandy Hook -Weapons Used". You have "Sandy Brook..."
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Do you have a source for this extra information? I am not doubting you, I just want to read about it too. I googled and can't find it.. yet.
    Start here
    Friend pointed out GUN DISCREPANCIES

Just How Many Were There at Sandy Hook....?

Articles I've read are being scrubbed. There are a bunch of people on youtube right now that are doing nothing but trying to locate all the original articles and live broadcasts and police scanner recordings.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinsleyC View Post
    Yes, for a couple days this was said, then as you said, they switched stories and said it was the assault rifle. Last week they had the medical examiner (the big guy in a white shirt, Wayne Carver) on TV and I thought he confirmed that almost all the shooting was done with the .223.

I never could figure out how the "assault rifle" ended up in the car if the shooter never left the building alive. Based on these "other" possible people, maybe someone else ditched a/the gun in the car? Hmmm....
    There was one time that I heard a report that included 4 guns in all. The most sense I could make out of that after watching them pull a long gun out of the trunk of the car is that could possibly be the 4th one, not included in the shooting. And if the one in the car was a .223, it was NOT an AR, if anything it may have been a mini 14 by the way that they were clearing it. So the best I can guess is one long gun, (possibly a mini 14 or similar) in the trunk and took an AR, Glock and a Sig in with him. Seems to be the only thing logical if there were 4 guns included in all and an AR was actually at the scene. JMO
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member

One of the guys that was in the woods and cuffed, was cutting wood and went to see what the commotion was (he's a local resident). I think the other guy was on foot and was in walking distance to the school and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Neither were involved and were cleared.

I also think the radio transmission about runners past the gym, was the dispatcher relaying info a teacher gave.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TinsleyC View Post

Some of the key things the medical examiner said was this: "everyone we've completed is caused by gunshot wounds" and this: "all the wounds that I know of at this point were caused by the long weapon" and this "I believe everyone was hit more than once"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxVQCJymXdw
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=sandy...?v=de3lmAD5kXo
    Is what i just watched..3rd video down

OP,

At the bottom of your post click the "edit post" button then click "go advanced"

Correct the title of the thread. Should read "Sandy Hook -Weapons Used". You have "Sandy Brook..."
    Fixed it.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The fact that almost everyone hit died suggests the rifle was used, but I recall hearing one of the handguns was used for the suicide part. This was local to me.

As usual the cops went into CYA mode right away and announced they were looking for that ubiquitous "second shooter," and they even perp-walked a guy they found in the woods in front of the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by BelaOkmyx View Post
    The fact that almost everyone hit died suggests the rifle was used, but I recall hearing one of the handguns was used for the suicide part. This was local to me.

As usual the cops went into CYA mode right away and announced they were looking for that ubiquitous "second shooter," and they even perp-walked a guy they found in the woods in front of the parents.
    That's not CYA mode, it's doing a good job with such a large area and making sure they're covering as many bases as possible. I think you're confusing the duty of law enforcement, (to protect and serve) with those of security guards, (to observe and report.) No offense to either occupation here, just stating the difference.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

GH
    I heard just recently that the handgun was used by the shooter only on himself & that most of the reported weapons were his mother's & found at the house.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links