Concealed Carry in action in Florida

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in action in Florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Deadly Shooting at Tampa Area Bar Story Created: Dec 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM America/New_York BRANDON, Fla. (AP) -Authorities say an argument at a Tampa ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By GunGeezer
  • 1 Post By Toorop

Thread: Concealed Carry in action in Florida

Deadly Shooting at Tampa Area Bar
    Story Created: Dec 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM America/New_York

BRANDON, Fla. (AP) -Authorities say an argument at a Tampa Bay-area bar over a woman's lost purse led to a shooting that left one man dead and two others injured.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says the purse belonged to the girlfriend of Louis Kuilan-Maysonet.

Authorities say the argument early Saturday continued outside the Boomerang Martini Bar in Brandon, where Kuilan-Maysonet shot another man several times. Meanwhile, a security guard saw the shooting and fired his own gun several times, shooting Kuilan-Maysonet.

The sheriff's office says a third bar patron who had nothing to do with either confrontation was shot in the leg. It was unclear who shot him.

Kuilan-Maysonet died at a hospital. The two other men were hospitalized.

Authorities say the security guard had a valid concealed weapons permit.

It's too bad things got so bad.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Yes I agree sometimes they do though unfortunately. We have people where I live scared to go to the Edison mall at night for fear of being robbed

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I just got back from a 10-day cruise to the Panama Canal. It included stops in Colon, Panama, Cartagena, Colombia, Lumon, Costa Rica, Ocho Rio, Jamaica and Aruba. On shore excursions, every house, hotel and business was surrounded by wraught-iron pointed fencing, razor-wire, glass shards cemented onto the tops of block walls and armed police or soldiers in or outside of every public building or shop. We were one step ahead of tear-gas in a Cartagena riot while crossing the plaza and took refuge in a church. The world is full of violence. The cause seems to be, in every case, somehow related to government.
    When I was a kid, back in the day, we watched shoot-em-up westerns and played with cap guns all the time. When we got older, we went to the range and shot real guns regularly. School shootings were unheard of and gun violence wasn't a fraction of what it is today. We fought with fists and when it was over, it was over. Today we hear constantly about crime and corruption in our government. We don't trust the news media and most people feel disenfranchised from the America our founding fathers outlined in the Constitution. Immigration has changed the demographics of communities and entire cities and threatens our nation's heritage and religious fundamentals. The melting-pot ideal is not working. Political correctness has replaced common sense and our leadership stands by helpless and instead plays politics. People are lashing-out to show their frustrations and our unaccountable, irresponsible, self-serving elected officials have found a scapegoat. Ban guns and all our problems will disappear. Yah, right!

Well said geezer!
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member
    Late at night/ early moring, a bar, an argument that spills into the parking lot, then a shooting. Go figure!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Probably in my opinion there might be more to it than we know

Good man with a gun?

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I just got back from a 10-day cruise to the Panama Canal. It included stops in Colon, Panama, Cartagena, Colombia, Lumon, Costa Rica, Ocho Rio, Jamaica and Aruba. On shore excursions, every house, hotel and business was surrounded by wraught-iron pointed fencing, razor-wire, glass shards cemented onto the tops of block walls and armed police or soldiers in or outside of every public building or shop. We were one step ahead of tear-gas in a Cartagena riot while crossing the plaza and took refuge in a church. The world is full of violence. The cause seems to be, in every case, somehow related to government.
    When I was a kid, back in the day, we watched shoot-em-up westerns and played with cap guns all the time. When we got older, we went to the range and shot real guns regularly. School shootings were unheard of and gun violence wasn't a fraction of what it is today. We fought with fists and when it was over, it was over. Today we hear constantly about crime and corruption in our government. We don't trust the news media and most people feel disenfranchised from the America our founding fathers outlined in the Constitution. Immigration has changed the demographics of communities and entire cities and threatens our nation's heritage and religious fundamentals. The melting-pot ideal is not working. Political correctness has replaced common sense and our leadership stands by helpless and instead plays politics. People are lashing-out to show their frustrations and our unaccountable, irresponsible, self-serving elected officials have found a scapegoat. Ban guns and all our problems will disappear. Yah, right!
    So it is dangerous minorities is what you are saying? I think you need to reevaluate what you are saying. I would argue it is the state of the economy. Back in the day when those things were unheard of, you did not have a mass media reporting everything. You also did not have equal treatment unless you were white or of a certain heritage. Religious tolerance was not common. You also had more crime and it was violent, you just didn't have the internet and cable news reporting it. I would suggest you take some time and read some more. The melting pot works just fine.
    .XX likes this.

Who would have ever thought that that bar could have been so dangerous so early in the morning?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links