Found an interesting tidbit.

This is a discussion on Found an interesting tidbit. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found this law today while reading through the state weapons regs. It effectively imposes responsibility on the seller to background check when selling a ...

Thread: Found an interesting tidbit.

Found an interesting tidbit.

I found this law today while reading through the state weapons regs. It effectively imposes responsibility on the seller to background check when selling a firearm.

Sec. 46.14. FIREARM SMUGGLING. (a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly engages in the business of transporting or transferring a firearm that the person knows was acquired in violation of the laws of any state or of the United States. For purposes of this subsection, a person is considered to engage in the business of transporting or transferring a firearm if the person engages in that conduct: (1) on more than one occasion; or (2) for profit or any other form of remuneration.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't see that it applies to background checks, more to dealing in "known" illegally aquired firearms, such as selling one to someone you "know" is a felon or otherwise prohibited from owning/possessing firearms. Regardless, according to the statute, a "one-time" transaction would not be in violation.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That has nothing to do with background checks
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The key word here is "knowingly"...

I have always sold (when I rarely do) preferred selling to permit holders and make copy of the individual's driver's license and permit.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The test is an "or" test:

(1) on more than one occasion

OR

(2) for profit or remuneration

Either might snag you if one "knowingly engages in the business of transporting or transferring a firearm that the person knows was acquired in violation of the laws of any state or of the United States"

So you must know and it must have been acquired illegally

IMHO not to worry............

Links