New no cc signs at malco - Page 2

New no cc signs at malco

This is a discussion on New no cc signs at malco within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It would make sense that the long term trend for movie houses is to prohibit carrying: a lot of very distracted people in one dark ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New no cc signs at malco

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    It would make sense that the long term trend for movie houses is to prohibit carrying: a lot of very distracted people in one dark spot that provides a lot of cover, make for good targets. So by prohibiting the legal carrier they ensure there are no -- or not many -- witnesses to tell about the ability to stop the threat that may have existed had they been allowed to carry in there.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    In Kansas those signs don't carry weight either. For the first offense, the officer has the option to give you a $50 citation or let you off for free, it's their call (based on your attitude). I can't remember what the second citation costs....like $150 or something. The third is like a 30 day CC license suspension or something. I believe the officers will just say, "did you see the sign", you say, "no, I'm sorry officer, please pardon my ignorance to the law" and they tell you to please leave the building and secure your firearm in the vehicle". Then, you can come back and shop all you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    When did that change? Last I knew first was lose of CC and a major misdemeanor case
    I should have been more clear. What your talking about is only if you're carrying without a license on your person (any time). According to USA Carry for KS, "All CCH licensees will be required to have their CCH license with them at any time they are actually carrying a firearm concealed. Failure to do so could result in the licensee having his/her CCH license suspended or revoked and could result in criminal charges".

I'm just talking about accidently carrying into a posted non-CC place like a grocery store and being confronted by the police about it when you have your CCH license with you. If you don't have a CCH licence on your person at the time of carry that's when it starts with a suspension in KS.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I expect we'll see a lot more signs, weight of law or not.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I suspect you're correct OldVet.

Merry Christmas.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I called and talked with the manager, i told her my concern and she said that she believes in 2nd amendment, the signs were put there to ease customers *about people having guns in there. That there is 1 off duty leo on weekends if that eased my mind. I said 1 to 12 screens. Its keeping law biding people from carrying and criminals will still have them. She would take down my info and contact her district manager. I am not happy with the outcome. But plan on boycotting and emailing there office.*
    kerberos likes this.

My favorite local theatre also recently put up signs so I wrote them to let them know that I will be a patron at other theatres until they take their signs down.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

It may sound silly, but the more I've learned of actors political leanings over the past few decades, I'm happy to avoid doing anything to pad their pockets or the studio execs who share their liberal ideology. Give me a Jimmy Stewart or John Wayne flick any day over the 'stuff' they produce these days.

My two cents... You're mileage may vary.

About every theater is like that here but nobody pays attention to it. Nothing happens if you do cc inside. Doctors offices and clinics here all have the sign too but I cc there continually. My doc and his nurses have gotten used to me taking off one or two guns if they want me to take off my clothes for an exam

I agree tp prefer spending money at businesses that don't put up the ridiculous sign. But i there aren't very many good theaters close to my place, so I ignore some of the signs.

I just checked our SC laws ... illegal to carry in any medical facility including doctors offices ... opps I broke the law
    just last week.

I was looking for sign information cause I recall the sign had to meet certain requirements or it was not enforceable.

For sure check your local and state laws. Here in Texas there are very specific guidelines for what constitutes a legal notification denying the right to carry. The small plastic signs that show a gun with a line through them do not meet the legal definition of proper notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbrown View Post
    I called and talked with the manager, i told her my concern and she said that she believes in 2nd amendment, the signs were put there to ease customers *about people having guns in there. That there is 1 off duty leo on weekends if that eased my mind. I said 1 to 12 screens. Its keeping law biding people from carrying and criminals will still have them. She would take down my info and contact her district manager. I am not happy with the outcome. But plan on boycotting and emailing there office.*
    Here's the reply you will get...

DHS now suggesting "gunbuster" signs ???

I was on top of this one just a week after they put the signs up...

Someone here started another thread about the Malco in Fayetteville and I checked the one in Jonesboro...

Oh...

And a BIG WELCOME from another NE Arkansan!!!

Glad you've found us!!!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbrown View Post
    So i went to the movies tonite in jonesboro arkansas. 1st time in a while. As the wife and i approached door i saw the dreaded signs no handgun/gun. It really made me mad. The wife was like u are ridiculous because i said i wouldnt go back. I hate to give money to businesses that do this. Its just keeping honest people from carrying! (She thinks im obsessed with guns. )
    Thats a different story.
    I would submit that the best way to deal with establishments like this is to politely ask for a manager and explain that you are a law-abiding individual who legally carries and as such, you will no longer patonize their business and will encourage your friends and relatives to do the same; then patonize a "gun-friendly" business offering the same service/product. ALL business owners understand a negative financial consequence for their policies that are offensive to customers.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

New no cc signs at malco

Signage holds no legal weight in ky either, except by places specifically mentioned within the statues of the law. Daycares, schools, jails, courthouses, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links