New no cc signs at malco

New no cc signs at malco

This is a discussion on New no cc signs at malco within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i went to the movies tonite in jonesboro arkansas. 1st time in a while. As the wife and i approached door i saw the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New no cc signs at malco

New no cc signs at malco

So i went to the movies tonite in jonesboro arkansas. 1st time in a while. As the wife and i approached door i saw the dreaded signs no handgun/gun. It really made me mad. The wife was like u are ridiculous because i said i wouldnt go back. I hate to give money to businesses that do this. Its just keeping honest people from carrying! (She thinks im obsessed with guns. )
    Thats a different story.

I can understand your frustration and sometimes do not understand the logic. My girlfriend doesn't really understand as well so I know what you are going through

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    So did you put your gun away and not see the movie?

I don't even look for those signs at malls, movies, etc because in PA the sign doesn't carry any weight legally. The worse they can do is ask me to leave and I would if asked. There are places like post office and other buildings that legally I can't carry so I don't.

Do signs carry legal weight in Arkansas? I noticed the no guns sign in a LGS the other day. It was inside the shop. Never liked the shop much before seeing the sign, won't go back now.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Do signs carry legal weight in Arkansas? I noticed the no guns sign in a LGS the other day. It was inside the shop. Never liked the shop much before seeing the sign, won't go back now.
    Handgunlaw.us

I'm not sure but the link above should have the info

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    According to USA Carry, I think so...15: Any place where a property owner or manager has exercised discretion to prohibit the possession of a firearm.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was curious about it for the OP, I haven't been to Arkansas for 20+years.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I would point out to the mager that the theatre in Colorado had a sign too that kept anybody that may have been legally licensed to carry from being able to stop the shooter,and that if it wasn't for the fact your wife wanted to see the movie you wouldn't have spent one dime in his store but now you know it's posted will find a theatre that doesn't infringe on your rights
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My wife is along the same lines. I refuse to buy from businesses who have the NG signs posted. She thinks I'm stupid but I can't honestly spend my hard earned money on a business who feels that way. There is a list out there of all the antigun companies but I think its outdated and needs to be updated.
    busyshielding likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarino14 View Post
    I don't even look for those signs at malls, movies, etc because in PA the sign doesn't carry any weight legally. The worse they can do is ask me to leave and I would if asked. There are places like post office and other buildings that legally I can't carry so I don't.
    In Kansas those signs don't carry weight either. For the first offense, the officer has the option to give you a $50 citation or let you off for free, it's their call (based on your attitude). I can't remember what the second citation costs....like $150 or something. The third is like a 30 day CC license suspension or something. I believe the officers will just say, "did you see the sign", you say, "no, I'm sorry officer, please pardon my ignorance to the law" and they tell you to please leave the building and secure your firearm in the vehicle". Then, you can come back and shop all you want.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. My personal sentiments are, if they don't want my gun, then they don't want my money either.
    rammerjammer and PatAz like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    In Kansas those signs don't carry weight either. For the first offense, the officer has the option to give you a $50 citation or let you off for free, it's their call (based on your attitude). I can't remember what the second citation costs....like $150 or something. The third is like a 30 day CC license suspension or something. I believe the officers will just say, "did you see the sign", you say, "no, I'm sorry officer, please pardon my ignorance to the law" and they tell you to please leave the building and secure your firearm in the vehicle". Then, you can come back and shop all you want.
    Here if you are asked to leave and you don't then you would be breaking the law by trespassing because the property is privately owned. Besides trespassing charge I'm not sure what else could be done but best would be to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    My wife is along the same lines. I refuse to buy from businesses who have the NG signs posted. She thinks I'm stupid but I can't honestly spend my hard earned money on a business who feels that way. There is a list out there of all the antigun companies but I think its outdated and needs to be updated.
    The long term trend for movies is steadily moving downward. As more and more movies become available via streaming (over the internet) or thru similar internet access on our home TV's fewer and fewer people will choose to go to a movie theater.

By excluding law-abiding CCW citizens from exercising their Constitutional right, movie theaters are indulging in their own demise. Think about it: You have a diminishing number of customers and yet you choose to exclude those who are likely to be the most law abiding group of all. This demonstrates decision-making skills that suggest these folks may soon be applying for membership to the Darwin Club (those whose foolish acts result in their own extinction).

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    When did that change? Last I knew first was lose of CC and a major misdemeanor case

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links