Carry overkill

This is a discussion on Carry overkill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I prefer to put it this way. I always try and carry a gun of large size however I don't always get to carry my ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Carry overkill

I prefer to put it this way. I always try and carry a gun of large size however I don't always get to carry my .38 super so I aren't my ppk instead. My advice would be this carry what's comfortable. If carrying only when you go to town makes you comfortable by all means do so. I live in a rural area myself however methamphetamine is on the rise so it pays to always be prepared. Just remember that if you always have it no matter what it is your carrying something y'all never have to say if I'd have been carrying it would have been different.

2. Remove Ads

I too live in a semi-rural area now. I WAS a cop, a military cop, a big city cop and a Fed for 32 years. Old habits die hard. I would rather have and not need than not have and need. I carry the most powerful gun I can conceal and shoot well.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have one of the half way houses that's been in dropped.The home owners have NO RIGHTS when comes to were and when Uncle Sam just dropped in the hood! It's
    enough to have no recourse but to maintain a constant vigil because the patients have all the rights as they can't be made to take any medicationIf medication not taken the patients become dangerous! This is a great concern because when these patients tend to have great strenght.

Google murdertown usa and that's where Im at. I carried a 5 shot 380 until the recent developments . I do not put myself in a position where I need an arsenal to get out. I am more worried about the anti gun wacko out there now so I carry my M&P 40 with two clips and the 380.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    so I carry my M&P 40 with two clips and the 380.
    How did you get your M&P modded to work with clips?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I used spell check to change magazines to clips
    It was actually quite easy
    A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm

A magazine is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a repeating firearm.

to mushmouth33 (OP): i don't see why what i carry, or don't carry, is anybody's business but mine. if i can afford it, don't mind the weight, and nobody knows i'm carrying, then whether i'm carrying a just two-shot .22 derringer and no spare ammo, or a S&W 'X' frame, backed up by a Government 1911, backed up with a J-frame, five reloads, two knives and pepper spray, why do you care?

some people seem to think that THEIR level of hardware is appropriate for everyone. or that THEIR level of training is what everyone should have.

i repeat - what concern is it of yours? and i ask this question sincerely and without aggression.

most of us will not, i hope, ever have reason to use our firearms in a real life and death situation, though we know it could happen anytime, anywhere, and without warning. what we carry, or don't carry is based on our individual perception of the likelihood of possible threat(s), what we feel comfortable carrying to meet those possible threats, modified by cost and the inconvenience involved with being armed. one size doesn't, and shouldn't, fit all.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Could go here or could go in off topic. Old joke but a good one
    A cop pulls over an old lady for speeding on a highway. He asks for her driver's license and registration. When she opens her wallet,he notices a conceal-carry permit. He asks, "Ma'am, do you have a weapon in your possession at this time?" She responds that she has a .38 Special in her purse. And a .45 in her glove box. And a 9mm Glock in the center console. And a shotgun in the trunk. "Jesus, lady," says the cop. "What are you so afraid of?" The old lady looks him in the eye and says, "Not a thing."

Moral of the story whatever makes you happy
    1911_Kimber and SWIll like this.

Carry overkill

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    How did you get your M&P modded to work with clips?
    ..????... I guess we are talking about symantics again.. Clips=magazine to some folks but in written communication I guess you need to be clear
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Not sure what you are saying mine is a full size.
    Product: Smith & Wesson M&P .40
    if you are referring to previous post I think he was slicing the onion real thin and saying clips and magazines are different

Carry overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    Not sure what you are saying mine is a full size.
    Product: Smith & Wesson M&P .40
    if you are referring to previous post I think he was slicing the onion real thin and saying clips and magazines are different
    Yeah I got that a little to late but I got it
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    Don’t know about overkill but this may be a bit excessive.

Concealed weapons - YouTube
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I've been carrying for 13 years and I carry a glock 17in cool months in Maine.which is about 9 months out of the year.Summertimes it tends to get very warm so
    I carry a ruger 3 lcp 380 and a 22lr as a bug.Don't laugh two in your pockets better than nothing!!!s

Carry overkill

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Donít know about overkill but this may be a bit excessive.

Concealed weapons - YouTube
    I guess he was "armed to teeth"!
    msgt/ret likes this.

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    I guess he was "armed to teeth"!
    At least to the waist line.
    1911_Kimber likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links