wierd thing at Wally World

This is a discussion on wierd thing at Wally World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a strange thing happen at Wal Mart the other day. I went into the WM to get my wife a stereo for her ...

Thread: wierd thing at Wally World

I had a strange thing happen at Wal Mart the other day. I went into the WM to get my wife a stereo for her car. It didnt have a price on it so I went over to the sporting goods counter to have the guy there ring it up. While I was there I asked to look at a .270 Rem. in the case. WHen I was paying the guy asked me out of the blue " do you have your concealed carry permit?" Now, mind you, I was in sweats and a T shirt and was not packing anything!
    I just looked at him and said, you should not ask someone that! I told him that if they wanted to know they would tell him. HE then asked me about a couple of guys that came in open carrying the other day and about how FREAKED out he was! I looked at him and told him it was fine in Nevada to carry openly.
    After talking a while he acted like he was a bit more comfortable when another guy came up and asked me where he could find a holster for his PPK. hahaha, gues he heard us talking.

Just thought it was strange for that kid to come out and ask about the CCW like that

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    While I was there I asked to look at a .270 Rem. in the case. WHen I was paying the guy asked me out of the blue " do you have your concealed carry permit?"
    Interesting how his mind worked. He must be a "long, tall drink of water" if he comes from a place where .270's are concealed.

Ditto on the inquiry, though. About what my response is, if asked casually. Only a couple of friends know. My family does, but most of them are sheep and disgusted I do so. Fine. It's private. It keeps me secure. My family's protected when I'm around. Nobody else need know.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

BTW, I was paying for the stereo not the .270 haha guess I better proof read better

Chris

ChrisM - the burning question I have is Why the heck weren't you packing? Sweats and a t-shirt can very easily conceal a nice rig in a smart carry or other similar rig. ????

It was in the car. I had been out working on my wifes car all day and my XD40 service is not the easiest thing to conceal!

To be honest, I still have not found a way to carry comfortably that XD so I have not yet. I havfe almost resigned to the fact that I am going to get a Berretta 32 as a carry weapon.

Chris

I don't understand the big deal about someone asking if you have a carry permit.

Simple answer I give, is...no.
    Then I ask whomever asked me, if they have one.

I have been asked a couple times at gun counters by other customers if I had a CHL. I usually ask them in a friendly manner; "Why, do you have one?" I found out the reason they ask is that they want to know about taking the class and get some recommendations for instructors and ranges.

I have actually made more friends from people who ask this question than had any problems. Now if I was someplace other than a gun store or shooting range and someone came up to me and asked if I was packing or had a CHL, that is a different story.

Sponsored Links