I dont have my CCW/CWP and have a question

This is a discussion on I dont have my CCW/CWP and have a question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now you're changing the subject on me. Highpockets was absolutely correct ... if you're officially an SC resident a MO permit would not cover you. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I dont have my CCW/CWP and have a question

Now you're changing the subject on me.

Highpockets was absolutely correct ... if you're officially an SC resident a MO permit would not cover you.

Okay ... about those antique cap and ball revolvers ... you show me yours and I'll show you mine !

Manhatten Fire Arms Mft. Co. New York, .36 cal, patented Dec. 27, 1859. Carried by my great great grand
    daddy. Holster gave up the ghost long ago and can't remember CSA or USA, could have been either. Another
    thread of antiques might prove interesting.

Several guys at the range have shown up with beautiful replicas and you'd be amazed at their accuracy.

J

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Ok I'm glad you told me that Jay cuz my glove box isn't big enough to keep it in. So I stick it under my seat. But can it be chambered or just loaded? And I have NOT taken the class for the permit yet. Need to save some $$$ first.
    Under the driver's seat is illegal in SC, with or without a permit.

VIP Member
    I don't know of any state, except those with constitutional carry, that allow you to carry concealed prior to having your permit in hand. Just because you've applied doesn't mean it can't be disapproved. Would you want a doctor practicing medicine prior to passing his state boards and receiving his license?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

archer I haven't applied for it yet. And I didn't know keeping it under the seat was illegal. Will not do that from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybm View Post
    Now you're changing the subject on me.

Highpockets was absolutely correct ... if you're officially an SC resident a MO permit would not cover you.

Okay ... about those antique cap and ball revolvers ... you show me yours and I'll show you mine !

Manhatten Fire Arms Mft. Co. New York, .36 cal, patented Dec. 27, 1859. Carried by my great great grand
    daddy. Holster gave up the ghost long ago and can't remember CSA or USA, could have been either. Another
    thread of antiques might prove interesting.

Several guys at the range have shown up with beautiful replicas and you'd be amazed at their accuracy.

J
    after i get my little one to bed tonight i'll pull them out and take some photos. what host can i use to post in the forum??

Unless you are in your home, do not even think of carrying unless you physically have your permit with you at all times. Do not let your permit expire.
    Jetfuelrm and Truckinbutch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    Unless you are in your home, do not even think of carrying unless you physically have your permit with you at all times. Do not let your permit expire.
    Great advice not sure there but here without a permit can carry on your property outside as well
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    No carry without permit. U can leave it in a glovebox or a locking compartment
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Well at the moment if I leave I always put it in my car but never carry on my persons. I'm not about to risk my passion/hobby because of a mistake. Thanks for the information! I'm sure most states are the same on the laws. I could always ask a cop but I think they have more stuff to worry about.
    They are not a particularly good source of legal information, believe it or not. Many will quote you what their old Sgt. told them years ago, and has changed many times since. Research the state statutes and/or ask a lawyer who specilizes in that area.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Expect to wait about 3 months for that SC permit after you send off all the paperwork. You can keep the weapon in your glove box without a permit but not on your person, unless it is on your private property. It is worth the wait.

After you take the class and file for your permit I am assuming you're not supposed to carry concealed until your actual permit comes in the mail right? Dumb question but I dont know if that is state wide or what. Thanks! I'm saving up to take my class soon.
    lmao, WOW!!!!!! really? yea sorta dumb, what makes you think a) they processed your paperwork within mins of filing your paperwork? and b) that the LEO will believe; you a)passed your background and b) you actually were issued one?

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    The only state that I know of that you can carry a handgun without a permit is Vermont. I wouldn't even consider carrying in SC without permit in hand.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Please don't carry until you get your permit.

In SC you can only CC or Open carry on your property, business, to & from your vehicle, with out your permit. Other than that it's a NO!!
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    The only state that I know of that you can carry a handgun without a permit is Vermont. I wouldn't even consider carrying in SC without permit in hand.
    Arizona allows you to carry concealed without a permit, but there are certain restrictions on where you can go - for instance, you can't go into a restaurant concealed that has a liquor license, unless you have Permit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links