Denver Instructors & Ranges

This is a discussion on Denver Instructors & Ranges within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you're in the Denver Metro area, who is your favorite instructor or trainer? Range? Thanks!...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Darrow75
  • 1 Post By Anubis
  • 1 Post By dbucciar
  • 1 Post By Olduser
  • 1 Post By bigbadsmiles
  • 2 Post By ccwcolorado
  • 1 Post By thefish
  • 1 Post By ColoradoChris
  • 1 Post By Footslogger

Thread: Denver Instructors & Ranges

Question Denver Instructors & Ranges

If you're in the Denver Metro area, who is your favorite instructor or trainer? Range?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Instructor...not really sure, my wife and I used a friends dad for our CCW class but he was a ways out of Denver out in Keenesburg. As for ranges, I like Silver Bullet in Wheat Ridge and BluCore in Lakewood. Silver Bullet is small with only 5 lanes but they are really friendly. I've only been to BluCore once but it was a really nice indoor facility with separate rifle and pistol ranges. They also seemed really nice there. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything specific you are looking for.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Years ago I went to The Firing Line indoor range in Aurora several times and to the Cherry Creek State Park outdoor range once. Both were fine, but I joined the Aurora Gun Club, which is the best range I've attended.

The trainer for my NRA Basic Pistol course in 2004 for the CWP training was Roger L Miller---don't know if he's still around, but was a good instructor. I took a Suarez Defensive Pistol Skills class in 2007 and the Utah-mandated training in 2011, both instructed by George Wright, also a good instructor.

Instruction in Aurora

I've taken a couple of classes (Basic and Advanced Pistol) from Graham Dunne at coloradoconcealedpermit.com

Very professional, well run. The facility is good: Classroom is in a big barn on a private residence near Bennett. Outdoor range is set up in an open field about 1/4 mile away from the barn (and everything else).

Graham and all his assistants are LEOs.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

I like (retired DPD) Mike Hugh's Raven Company. CCW is 2 days. 1 day classroom and 1 day private range.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

As for instructor - not too sure, received my CCW training in a personal session with my fiance's family friend. My favorite range is Front Range Gun Club up in Loveland. Great people, nice facility and friendly staff.
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

You can go to the Colorado State Shooting Association website for a list of ranges in Colorado

www.cssa.org
    bliss_137 and Rock and Glock like this.

If you are willing to travel I recommend phil at High Caliber Consulting | Train As If Your Life Depends On It!. his website is not so great but he is an excellent instructor. And does private lessons as well.

You can come on down to Colorado Springs and visit our new range.... Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex Home

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Years ago I went to The Firing Line indoor range in Aurora several times and to the Cherry Creek State Park outdoor range once. Both were fine, but I joined the Aurora Gun Club, which is the best range I've attended.

The trainer for my NRA Basic Pistol course in 2004 for the CWP training was Roger L Miller---don't know if he's still around, but was a good instructor. I took a Suarez Defensive Pistol Skills class in 2007 and the Utah-mandated training in 2011, both instructed by George Wright, also a good instructor.
    Roger Miller taught my course as well, and I thought he did a great job. I still see him at the Tanner occasionally.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Links