Why I carry a concealed weapon. - Page 2

Why I carry a concealed weapon.

This is a discussion on Why I carry a concealed weapon. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Self preservation. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Why I carry a concealed weapon.

Self preservation. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

Mr. RmScadd's post is a good one, and I thank you for sharing , sir. I am about half his age, and although I had no problem "knuckling up" when I was younger and holding my own, as time has passed a degenerative spinal condition has left me feeling frail, even though I am 6'3" and 235 lbs. I have a beautiful family that, until recently, I felt that I could protect physically if need be. After a very serious spinal surgery I underwent in February, it became painfully obvious that this is no longer the case. I made the decision to carry because my wife and little girls deserve a husband and father that can defend them from a world that quite frankly seems to be going nuts. At first I questioned my justification, but the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary has fully convinced me I've made the correct decision. I live 4 miles from the school, and my. Oldest daughter is in kindergarten. If she weren't in private school, she might have been there.

Thanks for reading-
    Respectfully,
    -Sam
    Take the long way home...

Like the OP I'm in my 60's with multiple health issues . Unlike him I was 'Tiger Man McCool' in the years prior to the birth of my first child .
    The reality check was startling ! "WOW ! That's Responsibility ! "
    I set out on a plan to quit dragging my knuckles and be the best Father I could be for that child and any others I might be blessed with . There were 4 total . I reared them on a farm . Honesty , integrity , and personal responsibility were things I had to teach them from the time they were toddlers . The value of education and self reliance were also stressed . I had to set the example.
    We were very good for each other . They are all grown , well founded professionals that have presented me with 6 grandchildren to mentor/spoil . They are also all CCW holders that don't carry their firearm 'in a diaper'.
    I became a citizen ,rather than an outlaw , to enable them to be better citizens .
    I carry to protect the legacy I have built from those who have made poorer choices in life .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links