The "First Walk"

This is a discussion on The "First Walk" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats. I've been carrying for a week and 4 days. I walked through Wally World and it just felt good. I still have to work ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The "First Walk"

Congrats. I've been carrying for a week and 4 days. I walked through Wally World and it just felt good. I still have to work on not adjusting it, especially at work. Make sure you have a nice gun belt it helps tremendously.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats

Wait until someone bumps into you going through an aisle. They get a funny look on their face. They know that what they ran into was too hard to be flesh -but they can't see what it is -
    Priceless.

I can't help but chuckle that this is such a well known phenomenon, especially because I felt exactly the same way for the entire first week. I honestly felt like I was doing something wrong
    Just a short time later and it's as comfortable to carry everywhere as it is to carry my wallet: if its not on I feel funny :)

As to bumping into people- I recently hosted Christmas for my large extended family, and boy, did I give out a bunch of lackluster hugs! My ma just squeezed me tight and winked ;)

Respectfully,
    Sam
    Take the long way home...

Congrats on the permit and the walk. And welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I got the chance to carry today at work and it seems to be getting more comfortable as the day goes on. I still realize that it is there, and the adjusting of it constantly is getting better. I found a pretty comfortable position for standing or sitting. The good news is even with all the customers coming in, not one person gave me a funky look or said anything. Guessing that I'm pretty well concealed; and comfortably concealed. Thanks for all the support from a great community

Congrats and welcome to the "CC'r Club". After a short time you will realize two things: 1) 99% of the people you see in public are clueless about their surroundings, so they will never notice you're carrying; 2) Carrying will become second nature in short order...and you will learn to appreciate the fact that you are not one of the 99% and can actually defend yourself.

Carry often and stay safe!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links