Defensive Carry banner

The "First Walk"

2K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  RevTracy 
#1 ·
So I received my LTCF from the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department this afternoon and as a lot of "newbies" do, went for the Wally Walk. I did feel a little nervous that someone might catch a glimpse, but it was surprisingly comfortable and well concealed. Decided since I was there I'd pick myself up a box or 2 of ammo.

I figured this would be a good patience test... with it being the day after Christmas and all:tongue:

#2 ·
Congradulations! Resist the urge to constantly check and adjust.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. Ask questions! People here offer good advice (it is the internet - you be the final judge......:smile:). There are many more smarter people here than I, and it is a very well moderated site. Don't be against asking..... Again, Do You Like the feeling of freedom? Can't beat it............................

#9 ·
Geez, if you ever happen by the one *I* went to (Lake Geneva, WI), I spent more time *in line at the McDonalds* in the foyer than I did in the store.

"Fast food" had no meaning there. It was a pretty unruly crowd after a while. Lots of short fuses (nowhere near the holidays, which was probably a good thing).

#4 ·
Decided since I was there I'd pick myself up a box or 2 of ammo.:
You must be buying something like .267 or something. I went to 2 different WM's in my area and the ammo shelves were just about bare.

I've only been carrying a few months, and I already (almost) forget I'm carrying sometimes. Thought about that today as I was walking out of the store. Congrats on taking the big step!

#7 ·
Yes the freedom is a good feeling.

I bought the last 2 .40 boxes so I got lucky:smile:

I've read numerous threads here and they are all very informative. Glad to be apart of this great community!

I'm going to have to work on not adjusting as much. I'm sure once I carry for a few months that it will be relatively natural for me.

#11 ·
Congrats! Welcome to the forum. It does get easier and then you almost forget it is there. Don't forget to get to a range and practice drawing and shooting from your concealed carry position.
Be safe!

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum, I’ve been carrying for some years but one of my favorite things is to go to Wally-World and pick up a new rifle. It’s comical that they have to carry the rifle to the door before they can turn it over to you; unbeknownst to them you have a cocked and locked 1911 under your shirt.

Reactions: JDE101
#19 ·
I can't help but chuckle that this is such a well known phenomenon, especially because I felt exactly the same way for the entire first week. I honestly felt like I was doing something wrong :redface:
Just a short time later and it's as comfortable to carry everywhere as it is to carry my wallet: if its not on I feel funny :)

As to bumping into people- I recently hosted Christmas for my large extended family, and boy, did I give out a bunch of lackluster hugs! My ma just squeezed me tight and winked ;)

Respectfully,
Sam

#21 ·
I got the chance to carry today at work and it seems to be getting more comfortable as the day goes on. I still realize that it is there, and the adjusting of it constantly is getting better. I found a pretty comfortable position for standing or sitting. The good news is even with all the customers coming in, not one person gave me a funky look or said anything. Guessing that I'm pretty well concealed; and comfortably concealed. Thanks for all the support from a great community:bier: :hand10:

#22 ·
Congrats and welcome to the "CC'r Club". After a short time you will realize two things: 1) 99% of the people you see in public are clueless about their surroundings, so they will never notice you're carrying; 2) Carrying will become second nature in short order...and you will learn to appreciate the fact that you are not one of the 99% and can actually defend yourself.

Carry often and stay safe!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.