How Do You Carry? - Page 4

How Do You Carry?

This is a discussion on How Do You Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 95% of the time a SW642 no lock in a pocket holster for my right front. Other times it could be a smith model 65, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How Do You Carry?

95% of the time a SW642 no lock in a pocket holster for my right front. Other times it could be a smith model 65, glock 27, SW40VE, NAA mini revolver, PF9, not in any order and not all at the same time. Just according to how I feel that day.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Glock 26 almost all the time in an MTAC at 9:00. Sometimes I switch out the 26 for a Glock 17. When I'm riding my motorcycle I normally pocket carry a Taurus TCP738 instead.
    Question Everything!

Glock 19, 4 o'clock, OWB, 95% of the time....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

It really depends on what weather and dress attire dictate. I can only pocket carry at work. Warm weather is an IWB. Cold weather is an OWB paddle holster with a jacket over that. I have a box of different holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Do many of you carry the same way all the time, regardless?
    I carry 3" 1911 or a Glock 26. But when I need to deep conceal I carry a Sig P238 with +p's.
    Don't care if it's summer time or not.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Same way all year. IWB SHTF holster at about 3:30 or so for public. At home, I OC with ITAC paddle holster.

I carry a Kimber ultra II in cold weather or anytime I can wear a cover garment all day, the rest of the time I carry my LCP in my front pants pocket. Lately I have begun to drop my NAA mini in a pocket as a bug.

My most carried would be my Custom DAO S&W 66-2 with 3" barrel carried at 4 O'Clock in a Lobo Enhanced Pancake. I carry either 1 or 2 reloads infront of the holster in Safariland Comp II Speed Loaders which I carry in Safariland CD-2 Spring Steel Carriers. For ammunition I carry Speer 135 GDHP Short Barrel 357 Magnum.

After that my second most carried would be my 442 Pro Moon Clip carried at 4 O'Clock in a Lobo Model 1 Pancake. I carry either 1 or 2 reloads in TK Moon Clips infront of the holster in California Competition Works SAM 5 Shot J Frame spring steel Moon Clip Carriers. For ammunition I carry Speer 135 GDHP Short Barrel 38 Special +P. This one also gets jacket or vest pocket carried some in a Nemisis or JR Roo pocket holster depending on the situation.

After that I rotate through my 315 Night Guard, 310 Night Guard, 3" 625 Power Custom Combat with Full Length Ejector Rod conversion, and my 2" 15-4 Barbecue Gun. All carried in Lobo Pancake holsters at 4 O'Clock.
    I also carry my 4" 686-5 IDPA SSR revolver now and again. All reloads are either Moon Clips or Safariland Comp II speed loaders.

I carry my Custom Colt 1911 XSE once in a while in a Rafter S Avenger in Black Shark skin. I have numerous accessories in Black Shark for this gun. Single Mag Pouches, Double Mag Pouches, Cuff Cases, Pepper Spray case, Badge Carrier, and a Flash Light Carrier. I wore the Black Shark belt out after years of wearing it every day. I probably should get the belt replaced one of these days.

Bob

Even though I just started carrying, I found it comfortable to carry my Sig p250 IWB at about 4:00. I've decided that conceal carry is how I'm going to ALWAYS carry.

I carry 2 full size 1911s in shoulder holsters, one each side, 2 SR9c backups at 3:00 and 9:00, a Colt Defender in Small of Back holster, and 2 LCP back ups to my backups, one on each leg and I keep a Mac10 in my purse, just in case I run out of ammo and have to repel a gang of outlaws attempting to steal my Barbie collection. And a Gerber dagger in a sheath behind my neck.

Oh and I almost forgot, a .357 derringer in my bra.

Just joking. :) :)

I really carry a 9mm or .45 in a IWB or belt holster at 3-4:00.
    WINTEJER000 likes this.

Sr1911 iwb @ 4:00

I carry my Walther PPS OWB with a Fobus. I leave my shirt untucked during warm months and a light jacket during cold months to cover. Have to keep it concealed here in South Carolina. I carry every day.

S&W model 21 44 special, strong side IWB or OWB with a S&W 640 left front pocket with holster year round.

I carry a Sig P220 inside waistband appendix position any time I can wear an untucked shirt (about 90% of the time) or some other kind of cover garment. When I have to wear a tucked shirt I pocket carry a Glock 26. I actually have 2 of the Sigs......I alternate between them.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I'm a believer in consistency. Always the same gun, the same way. G 17. If I stand relaxed with my hands at my side, and then quickly with my gun hand reach for my belt witout forcing it to go one place or another, that's where I carry my gun. About 3;30- 4;00 o clock.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links