How Do You Carry?

This is a discussion on How Do You Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I notice lots of references to different carry gear for different seasons/situations, such as big guns in winter, mouse guns in summer, etc. Do many ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How Do You Carry?

VIP Member

How Do You Carry?

I notice lots of references to different carry gear for different seasons/situations, such as big guns in winter, mouse guns in summer, etc. Do many of you carry the same way all the time, regardless? I currently carry the gun shown in my avatar, a grip-chopped 17 with a DeltaPoint reflexive sight in an iwb frankenholster. I can and do often carry a stock Glock 19 in a Brommeland Max-Con V on the opposite side. I also carry one or two TDI Kabars up front. They all ride on a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch nylon belt. This particular combination all fits comfortably under anything down to cargo shorts and T-shirt. The only time I deviate much is when I am in a suit, when I go with just the 19 in a Max-Con V on the strong side. Who else carries the same set-up all the time?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Same all year long... IWB Old Faithful at 3:30.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I pocket carry an LCR every day unless my pant's pockets dictate that I need to carry my LCP.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

GH
    I carry at 3:00 to 4:00 with several different holsters including leather & nylon. Occasionally I'll carry at rear hip with a more canted holster. It all depends on what I'm wearing. Sometimes I'll even carry appendix if I feel it's easier & faster to draw & present. The nylon holster works good there.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I carry the same all year. A Walther PPQ in a MaxTuck IWB holster from White Hat Holsters is always on me. I also add a Sig P938 in a DeSantis holster...sometimes it is in a pants pocket and sometimes it is in a jacket pocket.

Walther PPQ.jpg
    MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I pocket carry my S&W Bodyguard 380 all the time. I have a Glock model 23 .40 but I haven't carried it in years... it just seems too big and heavy for me to be comfortable. It would be a better defensive gun but the best gun is the one I have with me, and that's the .380.

I carry the same gun all the time a ruger sr9c. Have no idea what clock I carry at lol. It lays right in front of my arm with my arm hanging straight down. Doesn't matter rather I carry on the right or left.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Glock 19 in Galco King-Tuk at 3:00 all the time...

I don't want to have to do any thinking when the time comes...

Occasionally carry BUG or spare mags, but main defensive tool always in the same place...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

CJM
    The smallest guns I've ever owned or carried was a Glock 19 and Glock 23. Up until recently, my daily carry was a full size SIG, but I've recently switched to a S&W SD9VE after proving it's reliability. I have a physical build that is very carry friendly, wide shoulders, narrow hips and I get away with carrying OWB in the 3 O'clock position, even in just t-shirts. The full size SIG printed a bit, but the SD9 does not.

I carry my gun in a homemade kydex holster that I made myself. It sports a set of Raven Concealment pancake wings that suck the gun in tight to the body.
    Richard58 likes this.

AOK
    Firearm wise I always carry my Glock 19 on me at about 2:30 in an NTAC OWB. At about 9:00 I have a double mag NTAC holster. These are carried on an Ares Gear Ranger belt. In my front left pocket I have my BUG, a Kahr CM9. This is always my set up despite the weather. The only exceptions are if I'm entering a place where it is illegal to carry (no guns) or sometimes at work depending on my attire (no 19 and move CM9 over to front right pocket).

Has been a SW 638 in right front pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis. Lately have been experimenting with AIWB of same @ 2 o'clock. Jury is still out on this one.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

I carry one of 2 guns at 4:30 or so in a tuckable holster.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Q: How do you carry?

A: Everyday.

pittypat21 likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

i carry my 9VE all the time at 4:00 IWB
    Richard58 likes this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

M&P 9c IWB about 8 o'clock in a Remora but when I wear an OWB it is more like somewhere around the 8:30-9:00 position. Also sometimes carry an LCR OWB at 3:30-4:00.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links