CBI Requests $500,000 to Help It Reduce Background Check Backlog

This is a discussion on CBI Requests $500,000 to Help It Reduce Background Check Backlog within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CBI--The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, has requested an additional $500,000 in funding to help it reduce the current backlog of background check for those purchasing ...

Thread: CBI Requests $500,000 to Help It Reduce Background Check Backlog

CBI Requests $500,000 to Help It Reduce Background Check Backlog

CBI--The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, has requested an additional $500,000 in funding to help it reduce the current backlog of background check for those purchasing a firearm in the State of Colorado.

I had earlier shared that, prior to this unprecedented surge, I have been able to get my background check done (when making a gun purchase) in 20-30 minutes. The Denver Post today reported that the prior average wait time was about 23 minutes.

Currently, there are 11,000 background checks waiting to be cleared. Last week, it had been reported that wait times were up to 100 hours. Now, they are stating that people can expect up to one full week for their background check to be completed.

CBI says that they are trying as hard as they can to get the checks done but they are just overwhelmed.

2. Remove Ads

This should really say something about the fear generated by our "elected officials" when they start screeching "more gun laws" or "assault weapons ban."

It's the fault of the Government for inciting this panic of buying and fear that we won't be able to legally purchase firearms in the near future.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just curious, does Colorado forgo the background check if you have a concealed license?

Nope
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A while back FL had to hire more people to deal with the flood of CWFL applications. Most state offices are not prepared to handle a large surge of work.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links