Hats off to the liberal media!

This is a discussion on Hats off to the liberal media! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't be doing any dancing because it ain't over. Do not sell the media short. The media has a lot of power when it comes ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Hats off to the liberal media!

Don't be doing any dancing because it ain't over. Do not sell the media short. The media has a lot of power when it comes to swaying the public's mind on issues. Its been shown that when the media gets a "bug' on an issue and continually bombards "their" message until the see the results they are seeking. Look at what happened with "Watergate" more than likely the incident would end up on page one for a day or possible on a page in the inside. However because Nixon was the President and it was his party that was involved the press was relentless until they brought Nixon down which was their agenda.

We in one tough battle and make no mistake thinking the media doesn't matter or the will get sick of it and move on. Are battle has only just begun. The first thing all the organizations that support the 2nd amendment and all of us is ban together and leave our personal differences aside and go on offense. We have been on defense far to long.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

GH
    I'm still waiting for the liberal media to work as hard on banning drugs & drunken/impaired drivers. Instead they push for less stringent marijuana laws even making it legal in some states.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I guess that those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it (see Prohibition and the Volstedt Act). How did that work out for you?
    msgt/ret and jovasi like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Settle down now.

The media AND all the anti gunners out there see exactly what's going on with the sharp spike in gun sales.

This simply redoubles their effort for more legislation.

Never, ever sell the left wing anti 2A movement short.

They may be misguided and deceived, but stupid and ill prepared they are not.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

It would make my day if: Diane Feinstein would just retire and go away, also she could just go away mad for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I'm still waiting for the liberal media to work as hard on banning drugs & drunken/impaired drivers. Instead they push for less stringent marijuana laws even making it legal in some states.
    This may be part of their whole agenda. Get drugs legalized, then say guns must be banned because drugs are now legal! I am all for legalizing drugs, let them do what they want to their own bodies. I'll carry my PK380 in case one of them decides they want to harm me.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

It's a little too much to hope, but I wish all of those people become NRA members.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Settle down now.

The media AND all the anti gunners out there see exactly what's going on with the sharp spike in gun sales.

This simply redoubles their effort for more legislation.h

Never, ever sell the left wing anti 2A movement short.

They may be misguided and deceived, but stupid and ill prepared they are not.
    This is not some sort of celebration. It was meant to be contempt directed at the media, but I do thank them for the results.

Hundreds of thousands more guns in the hands of the citizenry means billions more in tax dollars when they succeed in legislating required registration and hefty gun ownership taxes, ammo taxes, etc. If they can't get an all out ban, they'll just make it financially punishing.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Relax Obama has on desire to take anyone's guns or to change the meaning of the second amendment all hype and tin foil stuff.
    You will be able to buy any thing you want so sit back and wait till the few that are buying all the weapons,mag and ammo run out of money .
    remember it is only a hand full doing all this buying. The higher number of back round checks are the same few people.
    In fact Obama and Holder want to make it easy for some to buy weapons and are pushing for it so relax
    Obama, Holder Push to Loosen Gun Sale Restrictions

Hats off to the liberal media!

I posted this on VGOF (Virginia Gun Owners Forum) in a thread about the National Gun Show in Chantilly which is mobbed...but it goes just as we'll in this thread, on this forum...

Virginia Gun Owners Forum (VGOF): Forecast from Chantilly? (by vonClausewitz)
    http://vagunforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=143798#p143798
    Just a thought...these exorbitant prices that lots of folks are paying could be the "reverse tipping point" in the gun control debate...

The banners thought they had the upper hand after the atrocity in Connecticut...they thought they had such a strong position that they couldn't wait to show their glee...and their plan...

And while that did lead to jacked up prices, it also lead to tons o'people who might have never gotten up off their behinds to realize these people really do want to infringe on my rights...

Those people paid inflated prices, and now will be vocal when it comes to defending their new possessions...

I just hope that congress critters like Gerry Connolly are watching this...he wants a federally funded buy back program...at the same time that thousands of his own constituants are out using their hard earned money to purchase weapons...

I'll avoid the Nations Gun Show for all the reasons mentioned above...but the news media is covering it, and I hope Mr Connolly and people of his ilk are watching, and cringing...

REMEMBER 1996 should be our rallying cry... (If you don't understand why, ask...)
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Sure, the anti-gun nazis see the droves of people buying firearms, they know it's happening. They don't care.

It's not about the guns, it's not about how many are sold, or how many people own them, all they care about is defeating the 2nd Amendment, by any means possible. If that means regulating it to death little by little, that's what they'll do. You think they're going to stop with a ban on hi-cap mags? You think they'll stop by regulating ammunition manufacturers into oblivion? If you do, you just haven't been paying attention.

Notice how they are really talking about mental illness? Dont be surprised if they start to label everything a mental illness. If you have anxiety you may be considered mentally ill by their standards, and there are millions of people with general anxiety disorder.. (just one example) in other words they will not out right take the 2nd amendment away but will chip away all around it in all sorts of slick ways. OR Yeah they may just say turn them in. I dont really know the answers.

We must act like free people to stay free. Not allowing a govt to feed us and to offer free stuff, we need to reject any free stuff they offer. The more they regulate, tax and divide us the more power they have.. All I do know is we can NEVER give an inch or turn in our weapons.. The fact that they trying to strip us of our rights is scary, and I do fear my government because I have no reason not to, and many reasons that I should and you should too. To much corruption and lies benghazi is just one example. Other than that God bless the USA and the patriots that remain

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Don't hand me they can't stuff because they can.
    And they will. The reason is simple as I have said many times. The things that made us great as a nation are gone (spirit of pride, excellence, opportunity) and have been replaced with apathy, disdain, and entitlement. The people who want the latter are larger in number and will continue to vote based on personal gain and thus the liberals will continue to win elections. Before long, we will be England.

The NRA can say they are fighting it, but as the last presidential election proved, morons are ruling the country and the idiot vote is massive.

America is no longer a representative republic as far as I am concerned because nobody in congress represents what I believe.

We need to completely gut congress and the senate and replace these career patsy's with local business owners, farmers, and military men and women. The way it was supposed to be all along. Until that happens, Washington will be nothing more than the corrupt, self serving place it has been for so long.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Relax Obama has on desire to take anyone's guns or to change the meaning of the second amendment all hype and tin foil stuff.

In fact Obama and Holder want to make it easy for some to buy weapons and are pushing for it so relax
    Obama, Holder Push to Loosen Gun Sale Restrictions
    The last 3 paragraphs of the article say differently as to where President Obama is going concerning weapons.

The following statement in the article is an issue I have and have seen even on this forum. Supporters of the 2nd amendment are in agreement for more "reasonable" infringement gun control laws. Far too many are buying into the anti-gun rhetoric statements spewed out by the press/anti-gun organizations.
    “It's encouraging that many gun owners have stepped up this week to say there are steps we can take to prevent more tragedies like the one in Newtown."

I am sure President is speaking of those that now seem to believe banning the so called "assault" will solve something. All that kind of ban will solve is more impact on law abiding citizens and none on the criminal/evil person element. If you have looked at the bill Senator Feinstein will be submitting you will see that everything in it violates the 2nd amendment and only impacts law abiding citizens.

We also need to realize the anti-gun agenda is not about banning this or that. Their real agenda is to completely ban all weapons in America. They are going at it an inch at a time(just look at most(if not all) of the so called "gun control" laws on the books. At this point in time they realize attempting to abolish or amend the 2nd amendment would be far too difficult.

Instead of saying anti-gun force is nuts, what they want is never going to happen, calling them names, etc., we need to go on offense since we have been on defense far too long. Second amendment advocates have to all ban together to fight the fight and leave their differences behind. The line needs to be drawn now in this battle and frankly if we lose it so be it as long as we fight it all the way on offense.
    Denverjay and msgt/ret like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links