Defensive Carry banner

Hats off to the liberal media!

4K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  CharlesMorri 
#1 ·
They have done a far more effective job of arming America over the last few weeks than anything short of WWIII ever could have. I have had more guys calling me looking for guns than I can believe. Ammo, firearms of nearly every variety, you name it, it's gone. My local guy (who, sadly, is retiring in a couple of weeks) thinks it will take months to get caught up. Too bad for those of us who are still trying to expand collections. But very good for those that were on the ball, and excellent for those who were riding the fence.

Senator Feinstein, Mayor Bloomberg, AG Holder, members of the liberal media, VERY WELL DONE!!!! You got us off our tails and made it happen. Now THAT'S an economic stimulus.

But your using a tragedy to further your political agendas disgusts me. You have no decency. And, your plan seems to have backfired, I'd say.

And trust me, I am not alone.

Anyway, thanks a million, from many millions.

#2 ·
If they were concerned about the number of guns before the election and recent events, they must be panicked by now.

#5 ·
They just think they can legislate it away................ Get out there and be vocal people! They will ignore facts and $$ stats on where we stand.

Get out there, and to 'borrow a phrase' from our sitting President, "Get in their faces" over this!

#8 ·
Don't party yet. They don't. The plan is now and has been all along to take most of these weapon one way or another. Don't hand me they can't stuff because they can.
One appoint a justice to to court and or force registration and a huge yearly tax on everyone of them. The fight has not even started.
Was not long ago on this forum we were told over and over Obama has no plans to take or restrict your guns.
They same people are back here now trying to tell us what they can not do.

#29 ·
Don't hand me they can't stuff because they can.
And they will. The reason is simple as I have said many times. The things that made us great as a nation are gone (spirit of pride, excellence, opportunity) and have been replaced with apathy, disdain, and entitlement. The people who want the latter are larger in number and will continue to vote based on personal gain and thus the liberals will continue to win elections. Before long, we will be England.

The NRA can say they are fighting it, but as the last presidential election proved, morons are ruling the country and the idiot vote is massive.

America is no longer a representative republic as far as I am concerned because nobody in congress represents what I believe.

We need to completely gut congress and the senate and replace these career patsy's with local business owners, farmers, and military men and women. The way it was supposed to be all along. Until that happens, Washington will be nothing more than the corrupt, self serving place it has been for so long.

#10 ·
LGS recently sold 2,000 military-style rifles in two days. "The largest gun sales in the history of the industry are happening," "with everything we're hearing, December's numbers will be off the charts." interview article from local paper. "We sold completely out of all platform units that could be sold to the general public, as well as magazines and many other accessories for these firearms."

A $400/box of Federal 5.56 is now $600/box, if you can find one.

#14 ·
Was it by another old lady? If it was there will be a move to ban old women. I here the fast food chains love Bloombergs ban on the super size sodas, they now sell double the 16 oz. size

#16 ·
Don't be doing any dancing because it ain't over. Do not sell the media short. The media has a lot of power when it comes to swaying the public's mind on issues. Its been shown that when the media gets a "bug' on an issue and continually bombards "their" message until the see the results they are seeking. Look at what happened with "Watergate" more than likely the incident would end up on page one for a day or possible on a page in the inside. However because Nixon was the President and it was his party that was involved the press was relentless until they brought Nixon down which was their agenda.

We in one tough battle and make no mistake thinking the media doesn't matter or the will get sick of it and move on. Are battle has only just begun. The first thing all the organizations that support the 2nd amendment and all of us is ban together and leave our personal differences aside and go on offense. We have been on defense far to long.

#17 ·
I'm still waiting for the liberal media to work as hard on banning drugs & drunken/impaired drivers. Instead they push for less stringent marijuana laws even making it legal in some states.

#21 ·
This may be part of their whole agenda. Get drugs legalized, then say guns must be banned because drugs are now legal! I am all for legalizing drugs, let them do what they want to their own bodies. I'll carry my PK380 in case one of them decides they want to harm me.

#18 ·
I guess that those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it (see Prohibition and the Volstedt Act). How did that work out for you?

Reactions: jovasi and msgt/ret
#19 ·
Settle down now.

The media AND all the anti gunners out there see exactly what's going on with the sharp spike in gun sales.

This simply redoubles their effort for more legislation.

Never, ever sell the left wing anti 2A movement short.

They may be misguided and deceived, but stupid and ill prepared they are not.

#23 ·
Settle down now.

The media AND all the anti gunners out there see exactly what's going on with the sharp spike in gun sales.

This simply redoubles their effort for more legislation.h

Never, ever sell the left wing anti 2A movement short.

They may be misguided and deceived, but stupid and ill prepared they are not.
This is not some sort of celebration. It was meant to be contempt directed at the media, but I do thank them for the results.

#24 ·
Hundreds of thousands more guns in the hands of the citizenry means billions more in tax dollars when they succeed in legislating required registration and hefty gun ownership taxes, ammo taxes, etc. If they can't get an all out ban, they'll just make it financially punishing.

#25 ·
Relax Obama has on desire to take anyone's guns or to change the meaning of the second amendment all hype and tin foil stuff.
You will be able to buy any thing you want so sit back and wait till the few that are buying all the weapons,mag and ammo run out of money .
remember it is only a hand full doing all this buying. The higher number of back round checks are the same few people.
In fact Obama and Holder want to make it easy for some to buy weapons and are pushing for it so relax
Obama, Holder Push to Loosen Gun Sale Restrictions

#30 ·
Relax Obama has on desire to take anyone's guns or to change the meaning of the second amendment all hype and tin foil stuff.

In fact Obama and Holder want to make it easy for some to buy weapons and are pushing for it so relax
Obama, Holder Push to Loosen Gun Sale Restrictions
The last 3 paragraphs of the article say differently as to where President Obama is going concerning weapons.

The following statement in the article is an issue I have and have seen even on this forum. Supporters of the 2nd amendment are in agreement for more "reasonable" infringement gun control laws. Far too many are buying into the anti-gun rhetoric statements spewed out by the press/anti-gun organizations.
“It's encouraging that many gun owners have stepped up this week to say there are steps we can take to prevent more tragedies like the one in Newtown."

I am sure President is speaking of those that now seem to believe banning the so called "assault" will solve something. All that kind of ban will solve is more impact on law abiding citizens and none on the criminal/evil person element. If you have looked at the bill Senator Feinstein will be submitting you will see that everything in it violates the 2nd amendment and only impacts law abiding citizens.

We also need to realize the anti-gun agenda is not about banning this or that. Their real agenda is to completely ban all weapons in America. They are going at it an inch at a time(just look at most(if not all) of the so called "gun control" laws on the books. At this point in time they realize attempting to abolish or amend the 2nd amendment would be far too difficult.

Instead of saying anti-gun force is nuts, what they want is never going to happen, calling them names, etc., we need to go on offense since we have been on defense far too long. Second amendment advocates have to all ban together to fight the fight and leave their differences behind. The line needs to be drawn now in this battle and frankly if we lose it so be it as long as we fight it all the way on offense.

#26 ·
I posted this on VGOF (Virginia Gun Owners Forum) in a thread about the National Gun Show in Chantilly which is mobbed...but it goes just as we'll in this thread, on this forum...

Virginia Gun Owners Forum (VGOF): Forecast from Chantilly? (by vonClausewitz)
http://vagunforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=143798#p143798
Just a thought...these exorbitant prices that lots of folks are paying could be the "reverse tipping point" in the gun control debate...

The banners thought they had the upper hand after the atrocity in Connecticut...they thought they had such a strong position that they couldn't wait to show their glee...and their plan...

And while that did lead to jacked up prices, it also lead to tons o'people who might have never gotten up off their behinds to realize these people really do want to infringe on my rights...

Those people paid inflated prices, and now will be vocal when it comes to defending their new possessions...

I just hope that congress critters like Gerry Connolly are watching this...he wants a federally funded buy back program...at the same time that thousands of his own constituants are out using their hard earned money to purchase weapons...

I'll avoid the Nations Gun Show for all the reasons mentioned above...but the news media is covering it, and I hope Mr Connolly and people of his ilk are watching, and cringing...

REMEMBER 1996 should be our rallying cry... (If you don't understand why, ask...)

#27 ·
Sure, the anti-gun nazis see the droves of people buying firearms, they know it's happening. They don't care.

It's not about the guns, it's not about how many are sold, or how many people own them, all they care about is defeating the 2nd Amendment, by any means possible. If that means regulating it to death little by little, that's what they'll do. You think they're going to stop with a ban on hi-cap mags? You think they'll stop by regulating ammunition manufacturers into oblivion? If you do, you just haven't been paying attention.

#28 ·
Notice how they are really talking about mental illness? Dont be surprised if they start to label everything a mental illness. If you have anxiety you may be considered mentally ill by their standards, and there are millions of people with general anxiety disorder.. (just one example) in other words they will not out right take the 2nd amendment away but will chip away all around it in all sorts of slick ways. OR Yeah they may just say turn them in. I dont really know the answers.

We must act like free people to stay free. Not allowing a govt to feed us and to offer free stuff, we need to reject any free stuff they offer. The more they regulate, tax and divide us the more power they have.. All I do know is we can NEVER give an inch or turn in our weapons.. The fact that they trying to strip us of our rights is scary, and I do fear my government because I have no reason not to, and many reasons that I should and you should too. To much corruption and lies benghazi is just one example. Other than that God bless the USA and the patriots that remain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.