Re: Another What-Do-I-Do question

This is a discussion on Re: Another What-Do-I-Do question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to share this funny story that is kind of related to the thread that My73LT started. I didn't want to hijack his so ...

Thread: Re: Another What-Do-I-Do question

Re: Another What-Do-I-Do question

I wanted to share this funny story that is kind of related to the thread that My73LT started. I didn't want to hijack his so I posted this one.

I work at a TV station and occasionaly they give out passes to go see a free preview of a movie that is coming out soon.

Last year when Ice Age II the Meltdown was just a few weeks from being released we got passes to go see a preview. So we bundled the kids up and loaded up in the Family Truckster and off we went.
    Myself and my wife were carrying as usual, she with her SIG P239 and I with my XD .40sc. We were both carrying on our right hand side, OWB at about 4 o'clock.

When we went in, after getting drinks and candy and all at the snack bar, I noticed the employees were using a handheld metal detector on everyone before they went into the theatre.
    When our time came, I asked why this was being done and the lady told me to make sure no one was sneaking a video camera in to bootleg the movie. She said "You don't have a video camera do you?" I told her I did not but that I did have something on that would set her detector off. She asked what it was and I leaned in and told her it was a legally carried, concealed pistol.
    She just laughed and said, and I quote " Hell Baby, that's fine. You had me worried. I thought you had a video camera. Come on in."

I really like living in Tennessee.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

New product idea?

I wonder if there would be a market for a video camera that looks like a Glock?

I don't think I would want to smile for that camera. I'd have a hard time looking right at the lens and having the lens looking right at me.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Assistant Administrator
    " Hell Baby, that's fine. You had me worried. I thought you had a video camera. Come on in."
    Yep - gotta really love that allright
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sweet! That's a cool story!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Links