Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

This is a discussion on Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013 - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room WE ARE SO....I recall posters not so in the recent ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rogertc1
  • 1 Post By PEF

Thread: Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013 - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

WE ARE SO....I recall posters not so in the recent past saying he would never do this. Won't ever happen. i have done everything i can. Voted for Romney. Re-newed my NRA. Wrote my Reps.
    The NRA said over and over again, "Obama is biding his time", and people scoffed and laughed, saying "He's a pro gun president, only signed pro gun laws, and even the Brady Bunch is mad at him!" It must be a bitter vindication to Mr LaPierre to be proven right in such a way.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The republicans control the house, there is a mid-term on the horizon, and not all democrats are from California. So there is hope that nothing will get past the house. That being said, make your voice heard by your rep, and keep your fingers crossed.

I suspect Obama and the DNC also want to use this as an opportunity to vilify republicans if gun control does not pass. So be it.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rogertc1 View Post
    Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013 - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

WE ARE SO....I recall posters not so in the recent past saying he would never do this. Won't ever happen. i have done everything i can. Voted for Romney. Re-newed my NRA. Wrote my Reps.
    The NRA said over and over again, "Obama is biding his time", and people scoffed and laughed, saying "He's a pro gun president, only signed pro gun laws, and even the Brady Bunch is mad at him!" It must be a bitter vindication to Mr LaPierre to be proven right in such a way.

Alan Gottlieb from the Citizens Committee has been spot-on as well.

I did a very rare Sunday examiner column on this and it's already getting plenty of attention (see below). I believe you have the right to tell those "O" posters they were wrong, "We told ya so!" and sit back to see how they talk around this.

Some of my readers have been pretty smug about voting for Obama.
    We must remember that it's everyone's right to vote for whomever he pleases. We must also remember that some of these folks will remain unrepentant and live in denial.

Get set for a bumpy ride.

Obama to NBC: He wants to ban semi-autos ‘in the first year’

President Barack Obama told NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday that it is his intention to push for a ban on so-called “assault weapons” and that he wants “to get it done in the first year” of his second term, meaning 2013.

Obama to NBC: He wants to ban semi-autos in 'first year' - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Although I am cautiously optimistic that there will be no meaningful anti-gun legislation, I have become increasing assured of the Congressional Republicans' ability to cave and call it a win.

What they're doing right now is a stall tactic. They puit the ideas out there, and pay people to study public opinion. This is what we want. if Obama was the monster most people here seem to want him to be, something already would have happened. They're politicians, they're going to do whats popular. During the last AWB guns were not popular. Diane Feinstein would probably like to come to your house personally and take guns, but the only people outside of California who even know her name are us gun people. Point is her plan wont see the light of day, because love or hate any president, they all have to keep a level head. Reactionary laws arent level headed and Obama knows that

This is gettin outta hand people. United we stand divided we fall. Its a choice we need to make now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    What they're doing right now is a stall tactic. They puit the ideas out there, and pay people to study public opinion. This is what we want. if Obama was the monster most people here seem to want him to be, something already would have happened. They're politicians, they're going to do whats popular. During the last AWB guns were not popular. Diane Feinstein would probably like to come to your house personally and take guns, but the only people outside of California who even know her name are us gun people. Point is her plan wont see the light of day, because love or hate any president, they all have to keep a level head. Reactionary laws arent level headed and Obama knows that
    I believe that the President will do something, whatever he can get away with, by executive order as he has proven he will do if he does not get his way. Whether his orders are strictly Constitutional or not.

+1 on Sixgun's comment

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    There is still some question as to whether Obama is stupid and crooked or smart and crooked. If he's smart, he's already got enough on his plate and would not want civil unrest to take him away from his multi-million dollar vacations at the taxpayers expense. He might get away reinstating an assault weapons ban because the definition of assault weapons is so ambiguous . But I think he will be opening a can of worms if he tries to go for the whole enchilada, especially if the SC upholds it.

Feinstein can count on the support of President Obama, who said in a a separate interview on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday that he hoped to pass new gun legislation in the next year. DiFi says it's time to bit the bullet:

Sen. Feinstein: US has to
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

I am not confident that the House of Representatives will be a barrier to Obama's plans. John Bohner does NOT inspire confidence in this old conservative soul. If he's not crying about something, he's caving in about something.

Also, Obama said he "expects resistance". I would hope this is a colossal understatement.

Yes he wants to make it faster and easier to get them, well at least for some
    Obama, Holder Push to Loosen Gun Sale Restrictions

He will do what ever he wants and by pass the congress and the law he is above that and not bound by it.

Administrator
    Already running in the correct forum, 2a issues.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links