Got Made

This is a discussion on Got Made within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was out with wife and 3 yr old daughter at Outback, and since I knew I would eat way to much decided to carry OWB, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Got Made

Got Made

Was out with wife and 3 yr old daughter at Outback, and since I knew I would eat way to much decided to carry OWB, instead of IWB. Wore a long shirt with jacket, well getting out of the booth to put coat on daughter my M&P9c must of been showing. I hear the lady in the next booth say he's got a gun. Before I could say anything her husband goes good for him, and my wife say's why yes he does. I pull shirt back over it and nod to the couple and leave.
    I was mad at myself for even letting it be seen, I try to make sure it doesn't get exsposed. But I like the guys comment as his wife just stares at him.
    Truckinbutch likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I try to go for a little 'deeper cover' when out & about.
    minimalbrat likes this.

Which Outback Goober? I think most folks are pretty comfortable with handgun carry here in Indiana.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

I hear the lady in the next booth say he's got a gun. Before I could say anything her husband goes good for him, and my wife say's why yes he does. I pull shirt back over it and nod to the couple and leave.
    I don't think anybody that has ever robbed or was involved in a mass killing took their family with them,it's amazing that if you flash when your putting a coat on your kid it really shouldn't raise any alarm bells My wife would have said sumpin like "Nice Glock or XD or PPS etc
    darbo and thechriskarel like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's actually not a problem in IN...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Not trying to be a cranky old guy but really--who cares? It is no one's business and means nothing when it happens. I apologize it this bothers you.

I guess it happens sometimes. I've seen it a few times I just looked nodded and smiled.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goober45 View Post
    Was out with wife and 3 yr old daughter at Outback, and since I knew I would eat way to much decided to carry OWB, instead of IWB. Wore a long shirt with jacket, well getting out of the booth to put coat on daughter my M&P9c must of been showing. I hear the lady in the next booth say he's got a gun. Before I could say anything her husband goes good for him, and my wife say's why yes he does. I pull shirt back over it and nod to the couple and leave.
    I was mad at myself for even letting it be seen, I try to make sure it doesn't get exsposed. But I like the guys comment as his wife just stares at him.
    Don't worry about it. If you carry enough, sooner or later it's going to happen. You may have been "made" in the past and no one said anything about it. Just be glad your in a OC state where there is no penalty if you do show.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sorry, but I believe we're all missing the important issue in what was stated/reported.

Goober... you need to work on portion control when eating. If you're aware in advance that you're going to eat enough to make you uncomfortable in your pants going IWB you have an eating disorder and we here at Defensive Carry are ready to help one of our brothers. Let us help you. Please. For your little girls sake.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23's for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    In anything but the deepest carry, you are going to be exposed sometime or another. The more gymnastics you do the more chances you are going to show. The only way it would bother me is if your muzzle was sweeping me. DR

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think far more people are unconcerned about a holstered gun than are concerned.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I would have sad yes it is Mrs. But notice it is not hurting anyone.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Don't be mad with yourself, think of it this way. You just had an opportunity to show gun onwers are not the kill crazy maniacs that the media and politicians portray us to be. You showed her that gun onwers are responsible decent folks that prepare themselves not to be victims. You did very well in my opinion. Had that been me and my wife, my wife would have said, "Most cops carry off-duty" or something like that.

I think you should "just remain calm" as the Brits say. You are going to be noticed from time to time regardless, and you should make every effort to keep concealed but when it happens - and it will again - go about your business and don't sweat the small stuff. I agree with others when the "he's got a gun"comment is made "Yes mame or sir and I am licensed to carry it - have a nice day".
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

VIP Member
    At least you weren't seen with a Glock. THAT would be embarrassing.
    (Hey, I've got nothing against Glocks. I just like to poke the bear with a stick.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links