Any women carry while running? - Page 2

Any women carry while running?

This is a discussion on Any women carry while running? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Look into the Ultimate Carry. It is like a fanny pack but conceals in front below the waste line. Lets Be Careful Out There! Ron...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Any women carry while running?

Any women carry while running?

Look into the Ultimate Carry. It is like a fanny pack but conceals in front below the waste line.

Lets Be Careful Out There!
    Ron
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

My wife runs with a stroller, so not an issue for her....

If you carry in a belly band at your center line (where you have no ribs) it may be more comfortable for you.

Austin

VIP Member
    Even for an elite runner, a Wilderness Instructor belt under a large t-shirt can get you far and carry anything. Just wear it against the skin over the hips
    Yetiman likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

A couple of options

Not a female but...

Chest pack- Runner's Kit Bag - ranger green:

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...2/Default.aspx

Cool but expensive.

I use Clik Elite Small Chest Pack:

Amazon.com: Clik Elite CE300BK Small Chest Pack (Black): Camera & Photo

I pack my Glock 27 + extra mag when I go running. It has a 4 point harness, rests on your chest, not much bounce, doesn't feel awkward, but I am military and used to carrying gear all over my body.
    Red-Leg

Flashbang Bra Holster

Check out the Flashbang Bra Holster. Also check out some of the YouTube videos.

I have a flashbang. Couldn't get it to stay in place while running.

I run with my kel tec pf9 in this Amphipod fanny pack. It is very low profile,has good wide elastic adjustable belt. I pull it tight in to the small of my back, no bounce and I forget it is even on me. I got it from rei but you can get it on line. Gun fits tight inside and has pockets for permit and car keys. Best purchase I ever made and has lifetime warranty. It is designed for ipod. Happy and safe runs to you
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Timetrialsc View Post
    I run with my kel tec pf9 in this Amphipod fanny pack. It is very low profile,has good wide elastic adjustable belt. I pull it tight in to the small of my back, no bounce and I forget it is even on me. I got it from rei but you can get it on line. Gun fits tight inside and has pockets for permit and car keys. Best purchase I ever made and has lifetime warranty. It is designed for ipod. Happy and safe runs to you
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. I had looked at Amphipods before, but couldn't tell if my gun would fit. I found the measurements today and I think one of them will work out great and I can still attache a couple flasks for water. My husband is still going to kill me for spending more money!
    aus71383 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sriddle13 View Post
    Thanks so much for the suggestion. I had looked at Amphipods before, but couldn't tell if my gun would fit. I found the measurements today and I think one of them will work out great and I can still attache a couple flasks for water. My husband is still going to kill me for spending more money!
    I spent a fair amount of time and money in this department as well. I have found most of the "gun oriented" fanny packs are to big and bulky for running.
    sriddle13 likes this.

i too am a runner that happens to be a corrections officer. and when i go on my runs i seem to always be coming in contact with ex-inmates that remember me. sometimes they like to menace me by driving close, and honking their horn, and yelling my name. needless to say my SA is always very high while i'm out running. Please runners don't listen to music while running. anyway i have been thinking about a way to carry while on my runs. i have a Armpocket that i keep my cell phone in while i run, works great! so i'm going to use the largest sized Armpocket to hold my Keltec p3at. The best thing about the Armpocket is that it is made for running, it will not bounce, slip, or allow sweat to get on your phone, ipod, or GUN! Sorry i can't tell you that it works (99% it will) yet because i haven't received my Florida ccl yet (90 days so far). please enjoy your runs, stay in shape, and be safe.

My wife and I both use these: Model 23 Jogger Concealment Gun Holster They work really well. They don't look great but we are not too concerned on how we look. They also allow us to carry a phone and few small items as well. They come in two sizes. My wife wears the small and I wear the large.
    23-1-large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    Here's a cute, sporty fanny pack that doesn't scream "I'm hiding a gun in here." Concealed Carry Fanny Pack Pistol Pouch | Official 5.11 Site
    Attachment 66069
    This is th exact holster (mine is all black) that I use while running. It is very secure. I have gone on 10 mile runs and 100 yard sprints and it never opened up. I ALWAYS carry while running. I usually carry my Glock 26 in it. There is room for two spare mags. I usually just carry one in there with my keys in the small pouch on the side.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    My wife and I run with an SP101 in some random water/running belt that she has with perfect zippered pockets that hold the gun in the 4:30 position SoB cant. However, we open carry when we run as a deterrent. I am actually trying to develop a custom-designed belt for this. You could also use it CC if you put a loose shirt over it. This might give me the motivation to bang up a prototype sooner rather than later. It will be designed, like the pack we have now, to hold the gun firm and flat against the lower back/upper buttocks, upside-down, grip out/up. Would you want to try one free of charge if I can get it built soon?

I know a woman that uses a small nylon iwb holster with a quick clip nylon belt underneath her running shorts to hold her 442 J Frame. Works for her. It doesn't flop around like a fanny pack and is concealed beneath her shorts. The grip rides just above her waistband under her shirt.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

The woman I bought my house from was an active runner/ triathlon person, and also a Federal Agent. Back in '96 she was using bike type shorts without the pad and an iwb clip on holster with a S&W airweight .38 in it, and just wore a looser fit shirt.

Lately she has been using a Glock 26 in an IWB and some regular shorts with a belt and I have even seen her with one of those 5.11 fanny packs now and then.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links