Any women carry while running?

This is a discussion on Any women carry while running? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My fitness has suffered ever since my best friend's cousin was murdered while on a run. I want to be able to carry while I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Any women carry while running?

My fitness has suffered ever since my best friend's cousin was murdered while on a run. I want to be able to carry while I run, but I wear tight
    fitting clothes most of the year. Are there any women (men feel free to chime in) who carry while running?

You could always go old school fanny pack. You could wear leg warmers and a Members Only jacket with it, too.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Holster Shirt | 5.11 Tactical Concealed Carry Undergear Shirts

there's always this, and other similar ones

Not a runner here, but for working out, I've considered one of these: PT-2 Concealment Holster Similar in function to the PT-ONE, the PT-2 is a single pouch version that utilizes a smaller footprint and narrower belt. Although the pouch size can accommodate some full size semi-autos, the PT-2 Holster was designed to fi They look quite secure, and covering the entire pistol would keep the sweat off.

PT-2-alt1th.jpg
    I would say that a minor wardrobe adjustment would be in order. I would think a little looser tank worn over the sports bra would camouflage the holster well. Wear it up higher on the waist, and I'd doubt anyone would think "gun," the unknowing wouldn't hardly notice, or think it was some kind of exercise device (weights?) around your abdomen.
    sriddle13 likes this.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

I had thought about the fanny pack....Hadn't considered the leg warmers, but hey, they are probably coming back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    You could always go old school fanny pack. You could wear leg warmers and a Members Only jacket with it, too.
    Cute...Leg warmers are back in fashion, don't you know? All kidding, fanny packs would be a totally appropriate choice for the hiker (would fit right in, wardrobe wise), I think it would flop up and down (ouch!) while running or jogging. The Pistol Wear or a belly band with a velcro retention strap keeps the pistol close and tight.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    Not a runner here, but for working out, I've considered one of these: PT-2 Concealment Holster Similar in function to the PT-ONE, the PT-2 is a single pouch version that utilizes a smaller footprint and narrower belt. Although the pouch size can accommodate some full size semi-autos, the PT-2 Holster was designed to fi They look quite secure, and covering the entire pistol would keep the sweat off.

PT-2-alt1th.jpg
    I would say that a minor wardrobe adjustment would be in order. I would think a little looser tank worn over the sports bra would camouflage the holster well. Wear it up higher on the waist, and I'd doubt anyone would think "gun," the unknowing wouldn't hardly notice, or think it was some kind of exercise device (weights?) around your abdomen.
    I had looked at those. I wonder if anyone here has tried one. I definitely could use a wardrobe adjustment. My husband is going to kill me with all the holsters and running clothes I have been buying!

Here's a cute, sporty fanny pack that doesn't scream "I'm hiding a gun in here." Concealed Carry Fanny Pack Pistol Pouch | Official 5.11 Site
    58604_055_Alternate1.jpg

I tried on a belly band at Bass Pro today and don't see it working for me. I have a short waist and I felt like my revolver would have been in my ribcage.

COVRT Pistol Pouch | 5.11 Tactical

I wonder if I could somehow adjust something like this to go onto my water belt that I already use. Maybe if I borrowed a sewing machine I could tighten it up around the belt to help keep it from bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Hey! How did you know my standard conceal carry outfit?!

Quote Originally Posted by sriddle13 View Post
    COVRT Pistol Pouch | 5.11 Tactical

I wonder if I could somehow adjust something like this to go onto my water belt that I already use. Maybe if I borrowed a sewing machine I could tighten it up around the belt to help keep it from bouncing.
    Good idea. According to that site, and reading through some of the reviews there, that particular item is meant to attach to their other pieces. It doesn't show the backside of the pouch, to see what the attached system involves. Depending on how thick your water belt is (top to bottom), perhaps you could attach a pistol pouch or holster behind the belt, that way the compression would stabilize your gun.

ASP Now Shipping New Pink Palm and Key Defenders - Press Releases - ASP

An option you can keep in your hand while running.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

Hopefully there are more and more women carrying while running.....and shopping, and working, and driving........
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Look into a Ruger LCP .380. Very small, light and THIN gun. The newer .380 HP loads are about as powerful as a .38. I carry mine in like an $8 clip on nylon "Taigear" holster. Only downside is being next to your skin it will rust easily. If I have to shoot someone with it, they aren't going to care if my slide is rusty on the outside.

For jogging you might want to consider an IWB with a retention strap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links