Gotta be a record

This is a discussion on Gotta be a record within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went through almost the exact same thing as you. I was however denied the first time. So after waiting about 5 more years I decided ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gotta be a record

Went through almost the exact same thing as you. I was however denied the first time. So after waiting about 5 more years I decided I didn't feel like I got a fair shake the first time and applied again. Absolutely
    nothing had changed but time and they approved me with flying colors. I think some of it depends on who is reviewing your case.

2. Remove Ads

Gotta be a record

That is a long time to wait for your license, as a fellow OK resident, I am glad to hear they finally got it right.

Was there ever any State initiated communication about the status or the reason for the delay? Or was it just the standard, "it's under review" response each time you inquired?

I emailed for status up date after 90 days and was told to inquire again after 120. Each time I was told to inquire after x days. I really felt the back burner but practiced patience which I'm usually very short on. The response varied as a different person responded each time but it was always "it's on the research table".

Dono congratulations on finally getting the license. I'm going through a similar situation with Florida and it can be frustrating dealing with government representatives, especially when you talk to a different person every time. I already have my Az license and I can carry in the mean time, so I imagine the wait was even harder on you...

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    That would make me mad too. I think NH has spoiled me. Our application is the size of an index card and they have 14 days to approve you, which they always do. The law here is basically that anyone who can purchase will be approved
    I know right? I think I had mine in like ten days. I can't imagine living with some other states' meddlesome restrictions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links