Defensive Carry banner

Gotta be a record

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  cayman_shen 
#1 ·
Okay, so I had a little spot on by record. I studied the application well and went with what I thought would be a 99% chance rather I would be granted a permit or not. I applied April 27, 2012 and today December 31,2012 I received my permit in the mail. A mere 248 days later. Granted I was arrested and charged with felony asault back in 2007 but received a misdemenor. I feel vindicated more than anything as myself, my attorney and even the district attorney said I was overly charged. The FBI, OSBI, City Police and County Sheriff have finally decided that I'm really not a bad guy. I pray I can be a good example. I've gained a lot of knowledge not just about carrying but how to carry myself from you guys.

Dono

#2 ·
Interesting. By law they're supposed to issue the license within 90 days with the option of revoking it if they decide you're unworthy.

#9 ·
Congrats on your license I believe it is also 90 days in Florida. You were more patient than I would have been. :smile:

#12 ·
That would make me mad too. I think NH has spoiled me. Our application is the size of an index card and they have 14 days to approve you, which they always do. The law here is basically that anyone who can purchase will be approved

#13 ·
Sounds like you were thinking right. Showing patience and getting yourself squared away is really good stuff. My wife asks that you send to her how you did it so she can start the program with me. Sassy woman. Congrats Dono! Glad to hear this report, especially on the last day of a miserable year, kind of ends the year on a high note.

#15 ·
Patience paid off & now you can legally carry after all that time. At least you didn't die of old age before you got it, lol. Congratulations!

#16 ·
Went through almost the exact same thing as you. I was however denied the first time. So after waiting about 5 more years I decided I didn't feel like I got a fair shake the first time and applied again. Absolutely
nothing had changed but time and they approved me with flying colors. I think some of it depends on who is reviewing your case.

#17 ·
That is a long time to wait for your license, as a fellow OK resident, I am glad to hear they finally got it right.

Was there ever any State initiated communication about the status or the reason for the delay? Or was it just the standard, "it's under review" response each time you inquired?

#18 ·
I emailed for status up date after 90 days and was told to inquire again after 120. Each time I was told to inquire after x days. I really felt the back burner but practiced patience which I'm usually very short on. The response varied as a different person responded each time but it was always "it's on the research table".

#19 ·
Dono congratulations on finally getting the license. I'm going through a similar situation with Florida and it can be frustrating dealing with government representatives, especially when you talk to a different person every time. I already have my Az license and I can carry in the mean time, so I imagine the wait was even harder on you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.