Gotta be a record

Gotta be a record

This is a discussion on Gotta be a record within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I had a little spot on by record. I studied the application well and went with what I thought would be a 99% ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gotta be a record

Gotta be a record

Okay, so I had a little spot on by record. I studied the application well and went with what I thought would be a 99% chance rather I would be granted a permit or not. I applied April 27, 2012 and today December 31,2012 I received my permit in the mail. A mere 248 days later. Granted I was arrested and charged with felony asault back in 2007 but received a misdemenor. I feel vindicated more than anything as myself, my attorney and even the district attorney said I was overly charged. The FBI, OSBI, City Police and County Sheriff have finally decided that I'm really not a bad guy. I pray I can be a good example. I've gained a lot of knowledge not just about carrying but how to carry myself from you guys.

Dono

Interesting. By law they're supposed to issue the license within 90 days with the option of revoking it if they decide you're unworthy.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I contacted them numerous times via email. I was always told that my file was on the research table. I didn't want to get too pushy.
    rugergunner likes this.

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dono View Post
    I contacted them numerous times via email. I was always told that my file was on the research table. I didn't want to get too pushy.
    Good thinking. They don't like it when we get that way.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

In Georgia, one must wait until 5 years after misdemeanor conviction, so maybe they held your application until you met the OK requirements.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Interesting. By law they're supposed to issue the license within 90 days with the option of revoking it if they decide you're unworthy.
    Here is KS it is also 90 days by law. Believe me, right now in KS you will be waiting every bit of the 90 days.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

I believe they really wanted to deny me but could not justify it and were hoping I would just go away.

Congratulations on your license as well as your patience.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Congrats on your license I believe it is also 90 days in Florida. You were more patient than I would have been.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

CJM
    Congrats on not being a felon.
    phreddy likes this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Yea...that was scarey, costly and stupid. Not an indicator of who I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Congrats on not being a felon.

That would make me mad too. I think NH has spoiled me. Our application is the size of an index card and they have 14 days to approve you, which they always do. The law here is basically that anyone who can purchase will be approved

Sounds like you were thinking right. Showing patience and getting yourself squared away is really good stuff. My wife asks that you send to her how you did it so she can start the program with me. Sassy woman. Congrats Dono! Glad to hear this report, especially on the last day of a miserable year, kind of ends the year on a high note.

Congrats on hanging in there and getting your permit.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GH
    Patience paid off & now you can legally carry after all that time. At least you didn't die of old age before you got it, lol. Congratulations!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links