Do you tell or not tell when entering other peoples home while carrying?

This is a discussion on Do you tell or not tell when entering other peoples home while carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All of my friends carry or have other firearms. I don't ask them if they are carrying and they don't ask me. We also don't ...

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Do you tell or not tell when entering other peoples home while carrying?

All of my friends carry or have other firearms. I don't ask them if they are carrying and they don't ask me. We also don't ask each other if they have one on them. It's a given. We only let people into our house that we know. I have been to some birthday parties that my daughter has gone to and I don't ask and I don't tell. Some of the people just assume because of my work that I carry. Don't ask, don't tell applies here.

2. Remove Ads

New Member Array blackbirdesign's Avatar
    I went to a strangers home (older woman, alone) to help a buddy of mine pick up some furniture that he purchased from her. I informed her that I had a weapon on me before i stepped onto her property. She didn't mind at all. Hell, she even asked me what i was carrying and then told me that I had a good choice in my weapons.

If I am awake I am carrying, except for schools and fed gov. areas, I have only had one person go off on guns and I asked her if guns made her nervous. She was very adamant that no one should have a gun. I exposed mine said I hoped that my being armed did not hurt her feelings and then left. I have not been back. I should also state that this was in another state so I felt that there would be very little chance of blow back or I would not have done it.

No, I keep it concealed and don't talk about it either way.

Nope, no reason to where I live.

I used to always tell my dad he should stop smoking because it's bad for his health. He would always say, "you know what else is bad for your health?".....I'd reply, "what?" and he would say, "talking too damn much". I think the same concept applies here.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Your gun is LESS SECURE in your vehicle, and MORE SECURE in your holster.

You are inviting debate that is rife with emotion, and less logic (from the other side). Keep it (like other personal business) to yourself.
    JD, remington79, OD* and 2 others like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Nope! I never tell. For my real friends it is probably assumed that I am armed even if in their house.
    JaxRolo likes this.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Always carry, never tell...
    JaxRolo likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Add me to the list. Other than on here I never tell anyone that I carry concealed. So far (in a number of years) my Mother knows, but I think she forgot. My SO knows (and carries) and a neighbor who was helping me with a window repair saw my gun when I was stretching my arms overhead holding the window in place. All he said was, "I didn't know you were a pistol packin' momma." LOL Other than a couple of friends who own gun stores nobody else knows or needs to know.

Yeah I tell un, thanks for having me, appreciate it... As to the meat and potatoes of your question, that'd be a enormous negative I do not. That would only lead to an uncomfortable situation for someone involved. My thoughts are, WHY? Concealed is concealed. For the "it's the right thing to do" crowd... It's the right thing for YOU to do, not necessarily the rest of us. We know our intentions are honorable and the only reason the firearm is there to begin with is for protection. That fact didn't change just because I have been invited to a friends house for a gathering. They are just as likely to suffer a home invasion as I am at my own home. If they want to hate me after the fact should one take place, so be it; at least they/ we are there to deal with the after math...
    OD* likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Dont ask dont tell

Add me to the "Don't tell" list. Unless the property is posted or, if it's friends and they let me know their wishes (though this has never happened to me), it's business as usual.

I generally don't tell anybody. If you know me well enough to have me in your house you already know I'll be carrying. However, I do respect other peoples wishes. If I go to a home that the people are either afraid or anti gun, I simply lock it up in my car while I'm there.
    Question Everything!

Yeah concealed means concealed so no worries cause what they don't know won't hurt them

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Links