EDC clean or dirty

This is a discussion on EDC clean or dirty within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the post fire checks but would rather just cycle my empty gun aa few times to know that it works fine. I worked ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: EDC clean or dirty

I like the post fire checks but would rather just cycle my empty gun aa few times to know that it works fine. I worked in my armory for over 2 1/2 years on my ship in the navy and know that with our 45's, 9's, M-14's, and M-16's that I'd put thousands of rounds threw them a year and know that after every cleaning and posrt firing cycling test they worked like the well oiled machine I kept them to be. One thing is for certain though, you can use too much oil so if you're going out in the fields for hunting keep them mostly dry so you don't have to deal with them possibly failing on you when you need them.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I also don't bother to have a second loaded gun on my while I am cleaning my EDC. If my neighborhood was so bad that I didn't trust my locked doors for the 15 minutes it takes to clean my gun I would move.
    I wouldn't like my neighborhood to be "that bad" either, but.... I wonder what the murder rate in Sandy Hook, CT was, before the whacko came to town ? Well, it was zero.

Newtown CT 06470 crime rates and crime statistics - NeighborhoodScout
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Quote Originally Posted by usmcj View Post
    I wouldn't like my neighborhood to be "that bad" either, but.... I wonder what the murder rate in Sandy Hook, CT was, before the whacko came to town ? Well, it was zero.

Newtown CT 06470 crime rates and crime statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Not to mention, bad things can happen in remote places, criminals know very well how long it takes for authorities to respond in remote areas and some choose these locations for that very reason.

Enola man was killed over his gun, police say | PennLive.com

Veteran thankful to be alive after near deadly attack - FOX23 News
    John Luttrell

Shoot on an outdoor range, have to clean at home, every time..

I shoot outdoors, so I always clean them when I get home, but I do carry it home dirty.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Not to mention, bad things can happen in remote places, criminals know very well how long it takes for authorities to respond in remote areas and some choose these locations for that very reason.
    Agreed... I truly hope your neighborhood continues to be safe for you and yours. Regards
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

EDC clean or dirty

a lot of times I'll clean at my friends outdoor range when I'm done. it's nice not to need to worry about the smell and mess and dropping my trash in the burn barrel. I'll at least hit my Saiga with some CLP or a garden hose in case I shot some corrosive ammo.

I clean all of my guns once a month whether they need it or not. No, you are not out of line for cleaning at the range.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links